I go mad at the end! *trigger* er...dont read!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shock, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

*um sorry if this sounds really dumb...i do go mad at the end here cuase, well im sorry but its how a feel and this time im not gonna edit it out cuase that would be lying and i think that now would be a time to be truthful about everything*

I heard something that made me feel really horrible and even more lost and angry today.

A councillor friend of mine (who doesnt know any of the depression stuff ive been through) said that basically when you visit a councillor or psychiatrist they will classifye you into one of three groups:

Complainer: Someone who complains about issues they have but is not prepared to do anything about it.

Visitor: Someone who visits without a clear view of what theyre there for.

Customer: Someone who is easy to help.

When I heard this I thought God what catagorie do I fit into? Am I a complainer? Do the councillors think "Oh another one of these people again. Heres some pre-packed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for him." Or am I a customer, prepared to 'buy' the package their selling.

Wow. So someones actaully studied the market on mentally unstable people out there.

After I heard this I got really angry. I thought 'I'm paying these people anything from $120 upwards, which is around a weeks pay at my crappy job for me, shouldnt they make a better effort then to classifye me into one of these cliques and dish out to me whatever they want judged on that?"

When I visited my 4th councillor I requested not to have CBT cuase it doesnt work for me, but, low and behold, thats exactly what he dished out. I now wonder what 'slot' he fitted me into and whether he really listened to me at all. The same thing happened with my last councillor. And the one before that.

Yeah for sure it must be a pretty stressful job sometimes but I thought they would at least listen to me, not to mention that massive pay check oughta pad things out! Guess not. Guess Im a resource. Fuck Id love to be a therapist...read some fucking CBT bullshit from a text book!

fuck fuck fuck!!!!! yeah everyone is goddamned alone. no one cares no one helps no one listens AGHHHHH!!!! fucking stresssssssssssss. Take my godddamn rent money and tell me to think about my mind being outside my body that will help!!! bloody hell i dont have out of body experainces!!!

Ill dose up on goddamn meds that cost $40 bucks a pop and are addictive but dont really do anything! yeah I will cause God knows ill go nuts if I stop

FUCK YOU WORLD. YOU MAKE ME SICK. I DONT NEED ANYONE ANYMORE!!!!! IM GONNA GET WASTED AND DIE ALONE IN A GOD DAMN GUTTER OR HANG MYSELF OF A BRIDGE CUASE THERES JUST NOTHING BETTER OR MORE PRODUCTIVE TO DO and let all those fucking yuppies and "proffessionals" in their mercedes deal with it and say that kid needed some more meds, pity theres a lost profit! ill see you in hell

over and out
  2. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

i can understand your anger and frstration i would hate to be put in a catagory like you which one would it be????
    I think good therapists dont view clients in this way but i guess there are some that want to make their money but thats true in all walks of life.
    One positive thing is that you have people here to support you and they we will so pm anytime and TC hun:hug:
  3. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

If the meds aren't working might as well try something different.
  4. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

yeah i think i will, though this is the 4th one. it seems that they work for a little while then subside, like my body gets used to it or something. has anyone else had this problem?

Oh and as per the other thing! lol sorry i went off like that on that tangent, but thats how i felt. anyway i am now seeking narrative therapy as an alternative to the pre packaged CBT bull shit
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.