I got a job...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Lazarus70, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Lazarus70

Lazarus70 Active Member

I was hired today by a non-profit media arts organization. I'm being cautious. Hope isn't something I've felt in so long that I don't trust the feeling. I've been out of work for five months and my self-esteem and confidence took a major hit. Thank you to those in the forum that supported me. I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm finding my way.
    Brittless, moxman, Freya and 2 others like this.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Congrats. :)
    Lazarus70 likes this.
  3. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Congratulations. Just remember - they are lucky to have you. The selection process is pretty tough and you should be proud you made the cut.
    Anyway Good luck.
    Lazarus70 likes this.
  4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Yay, Lazarus!
    Lazarus70 likes this.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Congrats, that is great news :) I am feeling the same way about my new job, but remember they would not have hired you unless they liked you and thought you were qualified.
    Lazarus70 likes this.
  6. BlackGrey

BlackGrey The Cheery Fool

Congrats, that's awesome!
    Lazarus70 likes this.
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Wonderful news! Way to go!!
    Lazarus70 likes this.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done to you my friend. Way to go :)
  9. BarryW

BarryW Well-Known Member

Let us know how your first week goes! I'm happy for you.
  10. Lnlyhart7

Lnlyhart7 Member

Congrats! I hope all goes well for you
  11. Lazarus70

Lazarus70 Active Member

My first week was a little overwhelming. I had to take xanax two days in a row because my anxiety level was high. I feel like I stepped onto a moving train...it's a lot of project management of video production workshops, so there's so much information to process and organize. The people are nice. The office is laid back. It's good having time to distract myself from my problems but different things trigger them throughout the day. I had to go into the restroom yesterday and cry for 5-10 minutes until the wave of fear and heartbreak washed over me. Thank you so much for caring!
  12. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

We care but you managed to achieve working and that's something to be proud of. Yes, it's being hard but don't worry as we will get you through each day. As each day you work, your confidence will increase hopefully (keeping my fingers crossed) and dealing with people will be easy.

If you feel anxious, then use the elastic band method where the sting of the elastic might a better coping mechanism. Fear of failing is hard to deal with but we believe in YOU.

Keep strong and just think someone in the world will be thinking of you and how you coping with you. If you feel down contact us on your smart phone. Take care and keep posting for the support you truly deserve.
  13. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

Good luck on the job. im sure it will go well.
  14. BarryW

BarryW Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that your coworkers are nice. Stay strong!
  15. Lnlyhart7

Lnlyhart7 Member

Rock Steady & Be Strong. It's ok to have weak moments. That's what makes us stronger. Things will get better.
    Unknown_111 likes this.