I got a job..

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Smashed__, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

Yeah, misserable little me, finally got up the nerve to make phone calls, do interview, background and drug test..and got a job.

I am terribly depressed but i need money and am trying very hard to make myself keep going. I am hoping that the pressure of the pets (4 dogs, 3 ferrets, 2 foster puppies), school, and a full-time job will keep me going [or kill me hehe]. I will work a full time job at a veterinary clinic as a kennel attendant. I basicly do EVERYTHING there is do with the animals. shit ton of work but i'm used to it.

Anywho, after years of being a member i finally have something sort of positive to share.
  2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

proud of you hun, when is your first day? I hope the job does great for you hun :hug:
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Awesome! Congratulations. :biggrin: Hope it works out fo' you. :hug:
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I find it's good to have a purpose in life to deal with depression, and it sounds like you'll really enjoy this specific job. Good luck, and congratulations :)
  5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Congrats! Sounds like you really love animals, I hope this job works out for you and you'll be able to manage the load.
  6. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

thanks, love :hug:

I start on monday! =D

thanks everyone
  7. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Great news :) Dont stretch yourself to thin though.
  8. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

That's great!! What a cool job, too. :smile: :hug:
  9. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I don't know you and you don't know me, but I wanna say thanks for sharing that inspiring story with us :smile: and Well Done!
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

congrats hun :biggrin:
  11. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Congratulation hun :biggrin:
    im a vet assistant as well :smile:
  12. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

hi smashed

congrats on the job! i wish you much success. we have something in common. hubby and i have a ferret too..1 though not 3! 1 dog and a gerbil. Best of luck on your job! :smile: :hug:
  13. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Congrats, and all the best in your new job.
  14. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Thats awesome, looks like you really love animals so its a good job you found there
    Wish you all the best.

When you will recive you first paycheck i can give you my word that you will
    feel much better off your depression, plus the time you will spend on the job
    and the house care will not allow you to think much about depression which is good too

I am really glad for you, i wish ill find a job too, but for now i am too unsure of my abilityes
    have some social enxiety so its a but difficult for me.