I got fired

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SAVE_ME, Nov 7, 2008.

1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

^^What it says. I got fired from work this evening (big surprise :dry: ) and got some bullsh*t reason for it. Apparently they think I'm not cut out for the job, because it's a fast pace environment and I'm too slow, and I'm too quiet and blah blah F***ING BLAH!!!! YOU IGNORANT PR***S!!! I WAS NEW TO THE JOB!!! FFS!!! OF COURSE I'M GONNA BE A LITTLE CLUELESS AT FIRST WHILST I GET USED TO EVERYTHING!!! THAT EVER OCCUR TO YOU?!!! OR DO YOU PEOPLE THINK THAT EVERYONE IS BORN WITH A F***ING PRICING GUN IN THEIR MOUTH!!!! IT TAKES TIME TO LEARN YOU F***ING IMPATIENT GITS!!! AND YOU MANAGEMENT TYPES SEEM TO FORGET THAT AT SOME POINT OR ANOTHER, IT WAS "YOU" WHO WAS THE NEWBIE!!! IT WAS "YOU" WHO DIDN'T KNOW F**K ALL!!!! I HOPE TOYS "R" US FAILS!!! I HOPE YOU AND YOUR BULLSH*T COMPANY WITH YOUR BULLSH*T STAFF CRASH AND BURN TO THE F***ING GROUND!!!! FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. iceeblusmurf

iceeblusmurf Senior Member

i'm sorry did you say toys r us.......i know how you feel....i work for babies r us/toys r us too...........

I have to apologize cuz i bust out laughing when i read toys r us....but only cuz i know how you feel....i hate my job and they treat us like shit....i'm here if you wanna talk.

3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I got fired once for the exact same reason. I hate work :dry: Yeah, they only seem to want to hire a certain type of person, but I think the people they want are really false and overly cheery or just bitchy and rude to customers albeit in a subtle way. I always treat people with respect but because I'm quiet and stuff they don't want me. Anyway, maybe try and find a job you're more suited to? Thats what I want but it's hard because I'm young with hardly any experience and no degree or anything. Sorry about what happened.

4. SAVE_ME

iceeblusmurf: lol yeah, normally I don't like to name names or anything when venting but I'm just so damn frustrated. It was...what? My second week? And I'm still trying to get used to the store and where everything goes etc, and all I ever got was the bloody manager bitching at me to do my job faster and harder etc. Bearing in mind it's pretty hard to be able to do that when you're feeling so goddamn sh*tty all the time. Well, this evening the GSM was in, and he was going round talking to all the newbies, asking us about what training we'd been given, and what we knew etc. And then later, one of the managers called me to the office, sat me down and told me that, based on the answers I had given, and what my colleagues had said, this wasn't the job for me and they're terminating my contract.

ripper: exactly! I mean, I said to the guy that I was new, I've never done a job like this before, so I'm learning you know? And he tells me that other people are new to the job and they're doing just fine. But I find that those people either A) have previous experience elsewhere, or B) are really good at bluffing their way through life. In reality, a lot of the people there aren't as clued up as you might think.

If it had been a few months, then fine....but 2/3 weeks?! I've hardly been there 5 minutes for crying out loud! Give me a f***ing chance!

5. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you got fired but look on the bright side. At least you don't have to work for those s***s anymore. It pisses me off the way some firms treat their staff. Hope you find something else.

6. aki

aki Well-Known Member

:/ that's shit. They sound horrible. They should have given you more of a chance, some people take longer to learn but they actually learn more thoroughly and better than all the people who just 'bluff' like you said. I'm rubbish at bluffing.

7. :mad: Ah frig - they're trying to sort out the Best Borg Worker Bees for the upcoming madness of the holiday season!! By all means, RANT!!!! RAVE ON!! But don't take it personally. Conscienciousness and integrity always get short changed... :mad:

Perhaps you could try this next time you apply for a job!! :biggrin:

Funniest Job Application at Mcdonalds:

NAME: Charles Matthew

SEX: Not yet. (i am just 17)

DESIRED POSITION: Company's President or Vice President. But seriously, whatever's available. If I was in a position to be picky, I wouldn't be applying here in the first place.

DESIRED SALARY: $1,000,000 a year , a couple of sports cars and a Private Jet .If that's not possible, make an offer and we can haggle.

EDUCATION: Yes.

LAST POSITION HELD: Target for middle management hostility

SALARY: Less than I'm worth.

MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection of stolen pens and post-it notes.

REASON FOR LEAVING: It sucked.

HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.

PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS?: Yes, but they're better suited to a more intimate environment.

MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER?: If I had one, would I be here?

DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD PROHIBIT YOU FROM LIFTING UP TO 50 LBS?: Of what !!! ?

DO YOU HAVE A CAR?: I think the more appropriate question here would be "Do you have a car that runs?"

HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR RECOGNITION?: I may already be a winner of the Publishers Clearing house Sweepstakes.

DO YOU SMOKE?: On the job no, on my breaks yes.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS?: Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I'd like to be doing that now.

DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE?: Yes. Absolutely.

SIGN HERE: Aries.

:biggrin:

And hope you enjoy this too...

New Math

From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:

What makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is represented as:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
    8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

and
    K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
    11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
    1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

However,

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
    2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you!

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
    1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that while Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it's the BULLSHITand Ass Kissing that will put you over the top.

Anybody you know who is good at this new math??

8. iceeblusmurf

iceeblusmurf Senior Member

:rofl: :rofl: you are my new favorite person

9. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

@ SAVE_ME

Yeah to hell with them. Releasing a healthy portion of anger is a much better way to bounce back then getting stuck in the blues. I am cheering for you man,
    Godspeed!

@ FoundAndLost1

Shit.... That was the funniest thing I have read in a long, long time, Haha!
    thank you for sharing it with us! :smile:

10. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

OP, easy to say - but try not to take it personally, it's only businesss. Plus you should consider it a good thing, you've just been fired by people you think are morons from a job even you did not think you were (yet) fully on top off.......in many respects it would have been worse if they had kept you on.

Ain't that the Truth :laugh: I wander around large companies telling management what things mean (aka what their job entails!). Quite often it is a waste of time (apart from my cash :tongue:) as if they could understand what I tell them they would not need folk like me to tell them :laugh:..........the funny thing is that what makes me "good" is that I am trusted not to be too honest and grass anyone up :tongue:

Imagine folk with the mindset and skills from Toys R Us were running the Banks. Imagine the trouble we would all be in. Imagine...............Ooops :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2008
  11. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I've heard some stories about that chain.

they seem very paranoid. The only time i've ever seen signs outside a store threatening to eject people for certain things, specifically mentioning photography.

I heard through a friend that a friend of his went to work for them, and he had a friend he'd known for years who was more senior at the same store. the senior friend was actively pressured to cut all personal ties with the subordinate employee.

Personally I boycott the chain, and have done for years. I know it doesn't make any difference really, but I hope that something comes up, SAVE ME

12. SAVE_ME

LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That was hilarious, but very true. Thanks, that cheered me up :smile:

Anyway, after thinking about this, you guys are right, I'm gonna try not to let it bother me. After all, I was unhappy there for the most part, so I guess I got my wish eh? lol....Besides, I was having to commute to go to work. I'm also studying at university at the moment and it was a b*tch trying to get from one place to the other. Not only that but it was affecting my studies too, and with the hours I was working I wasn't able to go along to any of the societies I wanted to join cause they clashed with my work timetable, so yeah, maybe it is for the best. In the meantime though, I know of a few places on campus that are gonna be hiring soon so I'm gonna try those. Thanks guys.

13. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

Toys "R" Us! hahaha!

We have that chain here in Singapore too! I bought my first chemistry set from that chain I remember. My sister and I had great fun with it that night.

Anyway, I went for an interview last year and you know what? The sales assistant took one look at me and did not even bother getting the manager to see me! I filled up a form and never heard from that store again.

Teck

14. SAVE_ME

I actually applied there back in June but didn't get the job....but then the day I moved out I got a call inviting me to go to a 2nd interview because they were looking for Christmas staff.

It's like the cinema too, they're always advertising for staff, but I filled out an application.....never heard from them again.