I got help, but.....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by seba3c, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seba3c

seba3c Member

So I've been recently (about 3 months ago) diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I'm in counseling and am on medication. I was feeling very optimistic that I would finally head down the road to recovery after 16 years. However, I sometimes feel more suicidal than ever. I get very strong urges to just not be around anymore. I tell my doctor that I'm more depressed than ever, but he says it just takes more time. I don't say I'm suicidal because I don't want to get carted off. I'm as unmotivated and unintreseted in things as I have ever been. Maybe I should give things more time, but I'm starting feeling more hopeless than ever. I don't know, maybe I've gone past the point of no return. Maybe there is no getting better.

2. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

There is definently room for recovery, especially only after being diagnosed 3 months ago. I was diagnosed with bipolar around June of 2007 and it took me about a year to recover from my depression.

Give it time, I promise you'll find medications to stabilize your mood. I hope you feel better soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.