I got help.. finally!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jacob1973, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob1973

Jacob1973 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to thank those of you who talked to me the past few months. I was extremely suicidal. I started to get to the point that that was all I was thinking about. I went in last week to see my doctor about another issue I am having, just to find out that now I will have to have surgery in 10 days. I will be laid off for up to 6weeks. But during the discussion, I brought up my depression and talked with the Medical doctor. She prescribed me Lexapro.

Only a few days on it, and I am already starting to feel better. I am hardly ever even thinking about suicide anymore. That in itself has shocked and amazed me, because I am always self examining myself. I guess that i shouldn't be saying that because my other counciler is telling me that I am too negative. But I had developed depression for so long, that I didn't know how else to see myself.

I am still scared, concerned and worried a bit about my life, and where I am heading. Up coming surgery in 10 days with no friends or family around to take care of me.

Still no girlfriend, though for the first time in a long time, I actually feel good and like a human being again. So, maybe I will finally start acting like the happy, go lucky guy that I once was.

If only I can get over the sleeplessness of this new medicine. Anyway, thanks all!

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm so glad you're feeling better!! :) That's awesome. It's possible that the sleeplessness is just a side effect, and it might go away.

Good luck with your surgery. I hope everything turns out okay.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Glad new meds are working for you let doctor know about sleeplessness okay but it may work itself out in a few weeks. Just keep doctor on top of things. take care thanks for the update

4. Jacob1973

Jacob1973 Well-Known Member

I am still having a few moments of scary thoughts in morning, but its very rare now.

5. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

thats somemore great news.
    congrats jacob. glad your feeling better. dont worry about the girlfriend yet. in time as you get used to your new found mindset .. it will happen. get yourself back on track first.

dont let relationship issues slow you down right now. even when ppl are recovering from alcohol or drug abuse, they say to leave new relationship sights alone for the time being. you know, rejection and all that ?

get better first. what a step you made. way to go.

odiecom

6. pisces

pisces New Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm so pleased to hear that things are going well for someone and hope this gives hope to others,there's plenty of time to think about girlfriends,no need to rush anything,just take things at your own pace and good luck to you

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is brilliant news Jacob :smile: I'm so glad to hear it :) :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.