I got honest today :)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dark&lone, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark&lone

dark&lone Well-Known Member

Heya I got honest today to my keyworker from the treatment center about my self harming. It was scary to say it because there is the chance of being discharged and being homeless because Im acting out on one of my addictions. But I told her, and I also spoke to her about my thoughts of suicide, and my plans, becuase I dont want to do it, I just want to run away and stop the pain hurt and misery.
    She was supportive, and understanding, she has told me that I have to stop because obviously it is breaking rules. She also said I have to get rid of the blades, which is the most scary thing. So Ive decided to do one last cut then get rid of them, and then I can carry on life.. If only it was that simple though eh!? I wish it was because then I wouldnt be in as much mess as my life has been up to now!
    But I do feel alot calmer since I ve shared it, because I just felt like I was lying to the treatment centre and I had alot of guilt because they have helped me so much so I deserve to show them that I am worth the effort and hard work!
    I am pleased! :smile:

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hellulujah! I am happy and proud of you for being honest! The important part is that you are starting to be honest with yourself. You can grow from that, I have. I have been homeless before, and it bites. Just hold onto hope an faith, I know there are half ways houses and programs [shelters] out there to help. I do not know where you are, but I may know of a couple of places around my state that can help you. :hug: :)

3. dark&lone

dark&lone Well-Known Member

I live in a half way house at the moment, for recovering addicts and alcoholics, and also I live just by Uk so Im quite far away! but thank you for caring xxx

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Yes you are far! You are welcome. :)

5. That's great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.