i got myself stuck in the worst possible place for the start of school

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Nikkij, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikkij

Nikkij Member

so about 5 weeks ago i attempted suicide, then i freaked out and wound up in the er. after around 6 hours of awkward sobbing mother and my stoic father sitting in a tiny room in the er and many awkward tests and peeing in a cup and an extremely uncomfortable visit with the psychiatrist that they had on call i presume because this was at around 3 in the morning, i was shipped of to your local friendly mental hospital. i stayed for 2 weeks and missed the first week of school and band camp and tryouts for swim team. now im out of the hospital and i want to be out of this situation that this has landed me in at my house. im not even allowed to get aspirin for a headache with out my parents watching me. i feel like a prisoner in my own house. i wish i had been successful in my attempt.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope in time hun you can regain their trust but for now their job is to protect you ok you have to understand that Talk to the team coaches explain that you started a week late and would like to try out and see if it is possible to join ok I am sorry you feel trapped right now but it won't always stay that way hugs
  3. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

The fact you still have suicidal ideation suggests they do right in keeping an eye on you.
    Put yourself in their position, their child suffers from suicidal thoughts, they are going to be over cautious, if they didnt and you did attempt again they would never forgive themselves.
    Ive been in your position, but you have to take this, its part of what comes with being a parent and part of what is to be expected of them as a child suffering.
  4. SilverDoll

SilverDoll Member

Hey hun, I know it's a late start but it's still a start. Even if you might have missed out on some things the first week you can always find other things to do. And who knows, maybe it'll be better than the things you wanted to do before. As far as your parents keeping an eye on you you're just gonna have to be patient and ride it out until you feel better, but that's up to you. Your parents just want to be there for you because they love you, and I'm sure you would want to do the same if they were in your shoes.

Good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.