I Guess I Should Introduce Myself

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Player1LFG, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Player1LFG

Player1LFG Member

I got off to a bad start here, so I guess I should introduce myself first before I screw up some more. I usually stay away from forums due to the cliquey nature of the internet, but I don't really have anywhere else.

Not a lot to say about myself; unemployed, broke, removed from family, don't really have any friends to speak of, I don't know where I'm going to be in the next few weeks. I guess that's why I'm here, right?
    It's pretty obvious why I signed up. I've had it on my mind ever since my first failed attempt 6 months ago, which would have worked if I wasn't found by a co-worker and didn't get my stomach pumped. It's been downhill from there.
    Workplaces don't look kindly on people who've attempted suicide, so they let me go after they had to come collect my keys due to my employment being 'unreliable', guess they didn't think I'd be around much longer.

I've read through about every 'Hold On' sticky the site has, which mirrors the last few months. To be honest this is about my last stop, I've worked for months with a psychiatrist twice a week and jumped through all the hoops - even they claim that all my failures have chalked up to extremely bad luck and they're at a loss to how to help. So I was suggested this. Maybe I'm missing something through all the college rejections and fistfuls of minimum-wage job resumes that never seem to get back to me. I'm not looking for magic, I'm just looking for how to live with myself when all of my resources have run dry and professionals agree I'm a lost cause. I can't really afford to be an alcoholic anymore so I'm also going through some withdrawal over the past week or so that isn't really helping my case, but that's all mentioned in the first post that I managed to botch up by amusing what I thought was legitimate advice coming from a knowledgeable source.

PS; Please don't mention drugs, even if they're legal where you are. That really f**k'd over my night. Thanks.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You didn't screw up anything. I have no idea why people didn't respond properly to your post, I'll give it a go in a second here. I just wanted to say to not let other people get you down. I know that's not easy, but sometimes you just have to tune them out. I'm sorry that things are rough for you, and I know there are no easy solutions or answers. As far as the professionals go, anyone who makes you feel like a lost cause doesn't sound very professional to me. Coming here was my last step too, before I hit rock bottom, though I may already have, so I can relate to that feeling. Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome, and hope you do get something out of this site. If you need someone to talk to, about anything, I'm usually around.
  3. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

So I have a question for you. If the magic wand that granted you the life you want existed, what would that life look like?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.