I guess I'm here for the same thing as you?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Roxy Halestorm, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxy Halestorm

Roxy Halestorm New Member

I'm just a thirteen year old girl who needs help. I guess people would say "you're too young to be that unhappy". It all got worse when my mum saw all my self-harm marks…I dunno, it's been getting worse...and I'm here...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Roxy depression hits all ages hun I hope you have some help in real life to teach you better coping skills hun the self harming. I hope you mom now is setting up supports for you with counseling at your school I hope you continue to talk here hun release some of the sadness by posting ok hugs

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hey Roxy, welcome to SF. You can be depressed at any age...I probably started to feel suicidal when I was around your age, or before that. Since your mom saw your self-harm marks, have you discussed it? I know it can be scary to seek help, but it sounds like you could benefit from it. Posting here is a good start in letting out your feelings.

4. Doodle

Doodle Well-Known Member

Your age is nothing unusual. It's common for symptoms to show early. I was diagnosed when I was 13, and that was after years of hiding it. We're glad you're here. Welcome to SF.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Roxy. Glad you are here. I can only say what others have said. Sadly, you are not too young to be in a lot of pain. Many people younger than you have posted here. And all are welcomed and heard with equal respect. As it should be.

You said that it all got worse when your mum saw the self harm marks. What did she do about it that made things worse? If you can talk about it, that's great. If not, thats okay too. Just glad you are here. keep posting. As much as you want.

6. anceintsz

anceintsz Member

Don't worry chick I started my depression around 11-12 years old. If you wanna talk that's fine, I like to give people a self-boost to keep going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.