I guess I'm that ugly

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by alphonso, Oct 18, 2016.

1. alphonso

alphonso Member

Basically in not so many words I've been told I'm quite ugly by different people. In top of dealing with everything else in my life now this. I'm convinced now that not existing is probably the best thing for everyone. Cause honestly there's no point in living when people treat you like a leper. Maybe it explains why I have no one in my life and that I have no friends. I hope no one goes through this in life I don't wish it on anyone. And if you are in my situation don't be like me and tell yourself different and keep going on in life

2. Randomness

Randomness Active Member

((((((((((Alphonso))))))))))), there's more to life than looks! That one I know for sure. Beauty is often smoke and mirrors; an illusion! Want to get better looking? Go get in shape. Grab yourself some muscles, and you're set. Besides, it helps you stay fit and strong, body and mind. HOWEVER, good looks aren't going to make you happy.
    I'm sorry someone made you feel badly about yourself. Don't give them a single more ounce of power now, okay? Think about something YOU like about yourself, and focus on that. I bet others will agree with it.
    Start with friends here, okay?

Montage likes this.
  3. alphonso

alphonso Member

Funny thing is I am in shape. I'm quite muscular but just plain ugly to others I guess. So not sure what else I could do. No matter what I do I'm still ugly to people

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Beauty is not merely external but also from within. You have to be strong for yourself. People who criticise easily forget about their own failures. Let people judge you and try to ignore them. Yes, the nasty looks and comments are horrible and affect you but you know yourself what you are like.

Don't let others judge you as they forget to look at their own issues. Be strong my friend.

5. LadyJane

LadyJane New Member

I am so sorry to hear that you have experienced this callousness from others. I don't know you, but yet, I know you are enough. You are valuable and unique, and you are the only you there is. Please do not identify with the cruelty which is the disorder of others. You see yourself as their words, but are blind to the ugliness within them. They are ugly, not you. They are projecting their ugliness onto you. Know that this is a lie. Normal, decent people do not treat others this way. You do not deserve this treatment. I hope you can reclaim your worth and sense of self, giving yourself compassion that you need. Wishing you much love and hope.

JustCan'tQuit likes this.
  6. Sanai

Sanai New Member

I am so sorry Alphonso that you have to go through this. I am quite ugly and fat myself and I hate myself for it. I hope we can both get better from this. Also, I'm sure you have people that want to get to know you and be friends with you. Get yourself out there and make friends, I'm sure everything will be fine. There will always be that one person that will make you feel happy and you just have to wait. Now smile

7. Denise69

Denise69 Well-Known Member

I'm new here I've been called fat ugly useless every name under the sun it gets to me so much but it's wat we think it's been drummed in our heads plus feelings of self loth it's hard but we are beautiful looks are not important it's wat s inside that counts you are all beautiful in one way or another plus it says a lot about the ones that put us down if that makes sense but remember you are all beautiful people

8. Level2016

Level2016 Active Member

I've encountered many people who would be considered good looking, even beautiful looks/surface wise but they have such a vile personality that makes them in no way attractive, they may as well be wearing a mask as its so false. I know that's no comfort to you when you feel this way about yourself though but I agree with some of the other comments, there will be something somebody (but most importantly YOU) finds attractive in you.

9. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

I'm ugly. I used to be tolerable, but then I lost my self confidence and I put on weight and lost muscle tone and strength. I lost interest in myself and don't take pride in my appearance. I don't do my hair or wear makeup or dress with particular attention to detail.

My partner, he tells me I'm still beautiful and still sexy. At least, he did do... He hasn't for a while :?

But I'm Ugly. Inside and out. Ugly.

10. JustCan'tQuit

JustCan'tQuit Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're feeling so rotten. Mean people can definitely get you down.

Don't worry about something as trivial as looks. No one is responsible for their looks. All any of us can do is make the best of them (fitness does help)--and make the best of what's inside, heart, talent and all.

Some of the most worthwhile men I've ever met aren't particularly attractive, whereas the most physically attractive wound up being narcissistic and abusive. Looks can be deceiving.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find many people to be beautiful for their uniqueness. Each grain of sand upon closer inspection is different but put it all together its so awesome as a force. Your name itself is already beautiful. Take care.