I guess this is how it is.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tom21, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom21

Tom21 New Member

Hey I'm new the forums. I really didn't know where else to put my thoughts and how Iv'e been feeling the past weeks now. I just got out of a pretty bad four year relationship. I gave it all I had, from the bottom of my heart. I never cheated, I was always loyal, and did everything I could to make her happy. She cheated on me over four times. I know it's proboly a suprize to
    most why I would stay with someone that long after that. I kinda grew up with her, we shared everything together. We honestly did everything together aswell. I was so comfortable with her, we were alike in every way. We communicated so well, and always talked and spent pretty much every moment we could together. We'd go on long walks and talk about the future together. A future family, and what we would be doing. Even after the cheating, we'd sit down and talk like adults and figure out what went wrong. I always forgave mabie that was my biggest weakness? I guess I was afraid to look elsewhere I didn't want to just give up four years. I really honestly felt like she was the only one who understood me. I'm very complicated, but yet she understood who I was. I don't know why she cheated to this day. I don't why she gave up on me. I gave her everything I could. I really just don't know what to do to be honest. I feel like love isn't real anymore. I feel like such a fool. I don't feel happiness in my heart anymore, I just feel like ending. I don't eat at all, I don't sleep much, all I think about is what went wrong. I felt like she was the only one who gave me happiness. I don't know how to get rid of this feeling of emptiness. I do have thoughts just about everyday commiting suicide. I guess I just need advice, I feel like im on the edge now and nothing can lift me up.

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

It's normal to feel sad after the end of a relationship, but I think becoming suicidal when a relationship ends means that there is something else going wrong.

Were you suicidal before you met her?

Therapy would probably be a good idea.

Some medical treatment might be good too.

I think that love is real, but it's important to find someone who can love you back just as much.

Breaking up with mabie will probably prove to be a good thing if you can get through this. If you can get to a healthier place, and be ok not being in a relationship, then maybe you can find someone more deserving of your love and have a better, stronger realtionship.

I hope you will be able to get through this!

3. ~Heather~

~Heather~ Well-Known Member

It's not so surprising you would stay with her. I think sometimes there is a chance to fix things after one has cheated, but most times it is a sign it wasn't really meant to be. She just wasn't the right girl.

I'm sure though that it must hurt a lot for it to end so give it time to heal. You'll find the right one as long as you take some time to recover. Anyway I'm not gonna give you the same old generic ramble "fish in the sea" speech.

Therapy is definitely an option :)

We all will be here for you.

4. BP#1

BP#1 Well-Known Member

If she does it ounce, she'll do it twice. Kick her A55 out. You can listen to her excuses, lm sorry, l'll never do it again, sob, sob... Then kick her out Or, you leave. You know how many women are out there? Allot. I known some insecure people staying in a relationship like yours and regretting it after wasting another 5 years on her..... Hey, you don't want a disease do ya? ....... And, l would give the same advice to a woman under the same situation.....

5. BP#1

BP#1 Well-Known Member

Um, Sorry. Forgot to mention something that may be suitable for both of you and is becoming more widely accepted; Open relationships. You both live like a married couple, yet you have other partners. You make rules etc. It's risky, however check it out, obvious your girlfriend has. She just hasn't told you yet, ha....good luck..

6. Iron Pigeon

Iron Pigeon Member

What the hell? Why would someone be in an open relationship, your either with them or not.

I've kinda been in your situation Sir Tom, although with me a girl would leave me to be with someone else and it's happened 9 time out of 10. After sometime to yourself, have a laugh with some mates and making some new ones, you'll be happy and confident and ready to move on.

Just wish i could take my own advice lol

7. Tom21

Tom21 New Member

Thank you guys for your advice, yea I have had some time to think. I just need to be on my own for right now and find out who I am, and what makes me happy without being in a relationship. There's better people out there I just have to find them. She gave up on me, and atleast I can say I gave it my all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.