I guess was true all along.....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TWF, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I was just told ''you can go to hell'' by my mother, for the first time..... I guess now I can take my leave away from my depression and anxiety. But I don't blame her.... I've been rejecting her love, I've disappointed those who put faith in me, I've been an all round failure. Today I will do the job and clean myself off the face of existence. I know my family will live in peace without me, I really am the worse, I hate nobody other than myself just the same way everyone else hates me. And I'm not crying about it.... they hate me rightfully. I will simply get the job done and end my pitiful existence.
  2. letmego3

letmego3 Well-Known Member

i feel the same way. i'm a disapointment to my family too. i don't think your mother means what she said. She is just frustrated and probably doesn't know what to do. If you die it will probably shock your mom and she will realise how serious your problems are. i don't think some people actually understand anxiety and depression. Ignore what anyone says to you because you know what your situation is and try to improve yourself the best you can. i used to get really sad when someone in my family commented on how much i suck at life but now i don't let it bother me too much. Even if some people do hate you or don't like you i don't think that you should die over it. Any how i hope you try and find some joy and live for your self.
  3. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I'm doing it for the better. My family will live better without my interferences.... I'm just too depressed, I don't even know what it feels like to live without anxiety or depression.
  4. letmego3

letmego3 Well-Known Member

But what about you. Why give up your life just for your family. You are important too. Have you tried medication or therapy? There must be other options out there like meditation classes. What do you enjoy doing (sports, movies, games, music). Distract yourself from your anxiety, depression and family. Live in your own bubble if you have to. You can come out of this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
  5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

The whole, "my family will be better off," is a complete opposite of the truth. Why be even more disappointing, why not identify those attributes that need improvement and then work on those as a part of a wellness plan? Put less importance on what others think and focus more on self. If you can please yourself, nothing else really matters. Mistakes made in life are only mistakes if you do not learn from them.
  6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Mum's have a snapping point too, doesn't mean she meant a word of it.
    God knows I lost the plot with my son and was heartily sorry afterwards, so how would I have felt if he'd killed himself?

Let things cool down and then fix it! It's amazing how much a sorry can mean and I can tell you right now, she's sorry too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.