I had a dream last night...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by DarnTired, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

I was being taken away to be executed. They were going to nail me to a cross along with a few other people. They said, "You've got three minutes left".

I clung to the nearest railing and pleaded. I got a flash of dying and I screamed that I was innocent and please let me live. I don't remember what happened afterwards.

When I woke up, I was frightened.

I don't know how much longer I have.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Darn, nightmares are awful but they are just that NIGHTMARES. Put it away from your mind. I've had some king size nightmares where I've had to keep myself awake for fear of going back into them. They are just your subconscious trying to tell you something...not some prophet of doom.
  3. _nu

_nu Well-Known Member

i dont even think any type of dream contains any specific message. 'just a collection of memories, thoughts, feelings jumbled into one exciting television show in your mind. or videogame. just my 2ยข
  4. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

WTF?!?! nightmares are NOT just night mares!!! they can be interpreted into a real life situation....Darntired i say your dream is telling you that you will eather die in some 3 time frame (3 days,houres,months,years,decades...)
    <mod edit: Malcontent - flaming>
    sorry if i sound mean or rude i just got broken up with
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2006
  5. _nu

_nu Well-Known Member

i dont think you have any idea what you're talking about either. how can a dream tell you when you're going to die? unless it's your own body thats going to kill you, and has nothing to do with external stimuli, you have no way of prophecizing wtf will happen in the future. i wish dreams did have some meaning, and maybe you can make up one, but that's completely based on your own opinions. well, sure, i'm no neurologist or whatever, but i'm sure that dream interpretation is just too stupid and theoretical to even consider it's validity. however, there are patterns in dreams, as i'm sure youre quite aware, and sometimes the cure to nightmares is just to try to not wake up, face your fears, know that it's just a dream, and flow with it. it'll possibly make the dream lucid if you can stay in the dream but become consciously aware that it's a dream. just remember, it can't hurt you. would it still be scary after you'r dead (in the dream)? try to find out yourself
  6. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

2lost4words, just being dumped does not give you an excuse to be rude to people
  7. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

i didnt mean nessisaraly HIS death i ment the death of SOMTHING IN HIS LIFE... i was grouch and snaping at every one and my mom was a profesional dream interpretator...im better at terot readings
  8. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

being grouchy doesn't give you the right to scare people.

Darn was worried about the implications of this nightmare and you go reinforcing the fear. NOT NICE !!!!
  9. Why would someone's dream be a portent of a future event ? Do you also read tea leaves ? How about reading the entrails of a slaughtered animal ? I'm not trying to flame you, but where do you draw the line ?

Why work your self up over a simple dream? I frequently have dreams where I am a great distance from home and I'm desperately trying to get back there. There's always something that prevents me from being able to do it, like I'm trying to run but my legs won't move, or other weird stuff.

Yes, I believe my recurring dream does express something about my subconscious mind, but it only has meaning in psychological terms. It has no meaning apart from that and it has no effect upon the future.

Believe me, I'm not trying to rag on you. I don't know what your background is or what "spiritual" influences you were raised with, but what good are your dreams as a means of guidance if you are never really sure what they mean anyway ?

If I were you, I would tell my dreams to either speak to me plainly or just STFU !

Please don't be offended by my criticism. You are free to believe whatever you wish; I was merely trying to offer my perspective based upon my own experiences.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

It is possible to allow your dreams to influence your future. When I was 14 I used to dream over and over that the first girl I went out would kill herself. I didn't go out with anyone till I was 30 and she killed herself. I knew she would. It had to happen, I think that's the only reason I went out with her.

I also dreamed of the place where I would die, it's in a foreign country that I've avoided for the last 20 years, although I'm not suicidal out of the blue I've been invited to go to the place where I believe I will die, I could simply not go but I have to, I won't kill myself because I'm such a coward but it my heart I know it's what I should do. I don't believe in fate anymore, I've chosen to believe in freewill, but these dreams are still quite disturbing.
  11. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

That's strange, never told any body this ....

Up to the age of 18 or so, I dreamt some of the big moments that were coming up in my life, before they happened !!!

I just thought I was a bit mad or it was coincidence, I'm not talking vaguearies here, I'm talking a few seconds of down to the detail, film qualty footage, they were like flash backs of things that hadn't happened yet !!!

It would give me chills when the events arrived in real life, it only happened a handfull of times, but it was really freaky !!!

All is not lost though.

I can only remember them being very good news, very happy emotions, very major changes for the better.

I had some truely terrible nightmares as a child, for months, none of those came true, turned out to be an issue with cheap sheets, nylon pyjamas and a wonky bed believe it or not !!!!!

Strange but true.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  12. DarnTired

I'm sorry I brought the whole thing up. From now on, I'll keep these things to myself.
  13. DarnTired, I had a dream that you were going to say that !
  14. Ziggy

DarnTired It saddens me when you say "I'm sorry I brought the whole thing up. From now on, I'll keep these things to myself.".

Do you think that people like Fatman1966 and myself are joking? These are things that are important to us and have never told anyone because they'd think we were fucked up or weird. I thought this thread was a good one, an important one, but I'm obviously missing something here. I don't understand where you are coming from, however this is no surprise as I don't even understand where I'm coming from. I'm interested in what you have to say and I don't want you to think we're pissing about cos we're not.
  15. DarnTired

I didn't really like some of the arguing that was going on between people after my original post.

Besides, the whole thing seems silly compared to some of the problems of the other members. People have been molested and raped, dealt with teen pregnancy, bi-polar disorder, addicted to the deadliest drugs, beaten and yelled at by their parents all I'm just a guy trying to find a job in L.A. who doesn't have much money and had a bad dream.

I think the people on this forum have more important things to deal with and don't know how to help anybody. I don't know if I really belong here. Maybe I should just go away.
  16. Ziggy

I know I don't belong here and I'm going to go as soon as all of my on-going threads come to an end.

See I'm not suicidal, I'm a bit depressed but not very, I'm a bit confused but not very, I think crazy thoughts but I can act in a rational way. I've not had a lot of shit happen to me that other people have had happen to them but then I have stuff I feel I need to say which I can't say to people in the off-line world, as they would find it either too weird or depressing.

There's probably something wrong with me but I don't know what it is and all my problems are perhaps a bit trivial to everyone elses on this forum, so I'll just have to leave and deal with it on my own. I'm glad I came here, it's given me a lot to think about and has been a big help, but I don't belong here, I don't really belong anywhere I guess.

Ah, how I wish someone would start up a "www.slightlyfuckedupforum.com"
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  17. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

It isnt good to compare your problems with someone else's. General rule: If it bothers you, its important enough. You cant really compare someone elses problems with yours because you dont know for sure that they'll react the same way you did and so on.

Dreams and nightmares can be scary... they dont have to mean anything to you if you dont want them to. That's really your choice. They could, or they could be just meaningless.

Ok this post was not really a lot of help I dont think but thats just my two cents.

PS oh and Ziggy there's nothing wrong with not being suicidal. In fact, its probably for the better. And read what I said in the first paragraph lol... coz it kinda applies to you too.
  18. Cheesecake

Cheesecake Well-Known Member

Donbt be silly, suicidal feelings and depression are based on how you feel not what your circumstances are in. Please dont go:smile:
  19. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

I look at it this way, if you have found this place on the internet, then that gives you the right to post on here as much as you like.

After all what did you type into google for it to bring you to this site ?

Its called "www.suicideforum.com" after all.

So it doesn't matter what the issue is that is bothering you, some place in the back of your mind, you feel pretty bad, you must do, to have put words like, suicide, death, I want to die, into google, just to find this place.

None of us think we a worthy, if we did, we probabley wouldn't be posting here !

It's ok to let things out, to speak the unspeakable, to not be perfect, to be stupid, to be a bit mad, to get a bit carried away, to feel bad about small things, cos that what's this site is here for I think, for peolple like me, for people like us, just "normal" folks that have strayed off the path and are trying to find their way.

Some are a little futher off the path than others, but we are all lost, just the same.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2006
  20. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

look okay,I'msure 2lost4words didn't mean to be rude.Iknow her personally. And I think that dreams can be interpreted into something that will happen, however, it could mean that something bad is going to happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.