I had a good day today :)

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by LM350, Nov 2, 2012.

1. LM350

LM350 Member

Hello

Some of you may have seen my other threads. For the past couple weeks or so I have been trying to cope with my feelings for this girl who goes out with my friend. I've been friends with her for a while but recently I have actually fallen in love with her, and because of this I haven't talked to her in a while.

Yesterday, I was lower than ever. I was depressed, my social anxiety seemed worse than before, and I was seriously considering suicide (thank god my plan failed).

So today, I woke up and remembered I had scheduled my suicide for today. So I went to school, and do you know what I thought? Fuck this. Sorry about the language, but that is exactly what I thought. I thought, I'm not taking the cowards way out. I'm gonna overcome this social anxiety of mine, and actually talk to her. So at break time, I go up to her and start talking, my heart was beating like hell but I managed to spark conversation, and made her laugh a couple times. Throughout the day I was talking to her a lot and I even arranged to get her number on Monday!

So I'm in a good mood today, and for once I'm not thinking about suicide. It just makes you think that you can get through things, not matter how hopeless you feel, and make changes to be happy. Of course, I'd love it if she'd go out with me, but I'm happy that she's in a good relationship and getting closer to her as a friend is good enough for me :)

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Good for you LM, and please ask for help along the way...no one can do the journey alone and there is no shame to accept help

3. LM350

LM350 Member

Don't worry, I will :)

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Thank you LM350 - today was such a good day to read this ...... The successes of one can lead to the success of many...

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Way to go hun took courage and i am glad you and her can be friends

6. LM350

LM350 Member

Thanks everyone :)

I feel so good right now, first time in a while, but I like it :)

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done :) So glad you feel better! , much love, coke :D

8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I am happy for you! Being shy can be hard. Breaking the ice is probably the hardest part of communication. There is always rejection, but the thing about rejection is it is only hard to deal with if you do not have the ability to communicate with others. As long as you have enough confidence to branch out and make friends or talk to girls all should be well. Trust me girls can be just as shy and always wish a boy would start a convo with them. I can generally feel people out. If they like me and are interested in knowing me they smile and seem excited. So I stay and communicate. If they act like they have something better to do then I bid a polite farewell and move onto the next person. No harm no foul. I hope this can help you out when dealing with people. :)