I hate being a fucking coward

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ronnoc3, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnoc3

Ronnoc3 Active Member

I'm sick of my life and the pain i go through every day, i am not posting here beacuse i want to be talked out of dying, i posting here because i want help!
    I want to die, but im too fucking coawrdly, every time i try to kill myself i wimp out because im a fucking coward and i hate it. if i had the choice id rather wake up with the courage to killmyself then wake up happy. Someone please help i can't do this anymore. i need it to end.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello,

No one here can or will help you die.
    Why do you want to die so badly? Please share your reasons with us,we might be able to help.

3. Ronnoc3

Ronnoc3 Active Member

I'm not even sure i know any more, it just seems like every time i try to make a turn to make my life better. something worse happens. Always has done, i get out of one problem then something unrelated will become a problem. I'll be having family problems, when i get over them suddenly ill be having problems at college, the i got over that and my girlfriend left me and i just can't take this anymore.

4. Petal

That sounds tough. :( Are you getting any support? Such as therapy or on any medication? If not ,then perhaps look into it. It can turn your life around. Don't ever give up,you never know what the future has in store for you.

5. Ronnoc3

Ronnoc3 Active Member

i will be going to therapy soon, but i don't know if it will help because i don't have a specific problem. I applied to start going because i was depressed over one thing but now im about to start its something completley different and i just cant see them ever being able to fix it all.

6. Petal

Even if they can't ''fix'' the problem as such,they will be able to help you cope with it. I've been in therapy for the last 6 months,its the best decision I ever made, I love it and it's helped so much. Please give it a chance :hug:

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Therapy will help you learn to deal with the issues and the problems you are having right now. They wont fix it, because noone can fix it, but they will make things easier for you. Just keep talking, tell them about the problems, they'll do their best to make things easier. You just don't know til you give it a chance though :hug:

8. Kenickie

Kenickie Account Closed

Suicide is the cowards way out - stick around and fight for the life you were given.

What makes me laugh is how people dont know what is on the other side of death, what happens if you kill yourself and go to hell, somewhere that threatens to burn you for all eternity? Then what? You've just left your psuedo crappy life for an eternity of burning! Fun fun fun

9. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

"The Bible contains a number of references to men seeking suicide, either
    - by taking direct action or
    - by begging God to kill them on the spot.

In these passages, the authors of the Bible do not appear to consider suicide to be a great moral sin. The act of committing suicide or of asking that God kill them are simply reported in a factual manner. The authors do not interpret these acts as sinful. They seem to be regarded simply as straightforward personal decisions. However, the Christian church has traditionally deviated from the biblical message and has considered suicide to be a great moral sin. Some denominations have even refused to bury people who have committed suicide."

taken from http://www.religioustolerance.org/sui_bibl.htm

It says that the bible does not view suicide as a moral sin. Christians twisted the word over time, to make suicide a stigma, therefore a great sin.

I think suicide is a matter of cause and action. The problem is in the mind.. if you're thinking of suiciding, then your mind certainly can't handle too many situations.. the mind is flawed. If the mind is flawed, then suicide would be the action of a flawed mind.. humans are flawed..

look at why and how people are born gay.. they don't choose to be gay.. they're just born that way.. just because their mind is "flawed" doesn't mean being gay is a sin.. it's only the action of a "flawed" mind..

Everyone is just human here.. there are choices, and options.. you can choose to abuse and hurt yourself, or you don't need to.. suicide or don't need to, be gay or don't need to.. the choices depends on the mind..some things will never change.

10. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I find this a very insulting belief: that one is "flawed" because they are gay, and that one has "a choice to not be so". I find this very sexist. Human beings may, indeed, be flawed, perhaps our minds are flawed, but being gay is not a "flaw". It is not "the action of a flawed mind". It is not something you choose to act upon or not. It simply is. Sometimes over-intellectualizing with preconceived bias can be a "flaw" as well.

11. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be insulting, I admit I am "flawed", that's why I am here. Notice how I said "flawed" to show that.. it has the same meaning as the sucidal "flaw".

Sexist or not, humans are made for the opposite sex, there's no question about that. To urge for the same sex, and not for the opposite, that is "flawed".. i.e. not being sexually productive in the sense of having babies.

I'm simply stating it from a perspective, not biased..

Would you say that if you were to have sex with your own family members that would be "flawed"? Yes, it would be "flawed" but not flawed.

There's a difference between "flawed" and flawed.. the difference lies in the mind.. "flawed" is when the mind knows nothing different or better. Flawed is when what you're doing/thinking is wrong and there's no excuse for that.

12. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

No it's not, its easier to not kill yourself than to do so. Comments like this are unhelpful at the best of times.

13. shades

shades Staff Alumni

TO LEVITATED: What the hell are you talking about? There is NO FLAW in the mind of a homosexsual person. It is physiological. You may as well say there is a flaw in the mind of someone who is left-handed or has bad eyesight. Please leave the bible studies for such threads started for that purpose. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME RESPONDING TO ME. (edit) BTW, I checked it out and in your second post you broke the record for using the word "flawed" in a post. And, I don't mean to insult you, but the reasoning in both of your posts, is in fact, FLAWED!

RONNOC3: It is not cowardly to live, but the other way around. Give the therapy a chance. You are going through one of the toughest periods of your life and dealing with extreme emotions and issues. It's o.k. to be stressed out. You just need to find a way to deal with it with the help that is available.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.