I hate being so anti-social and depressed all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous Dude

All I do is stay inside on the weekends, sometimes I scream as loud as I can because i'm so frustrated with myself. Scream so loud and long I feel like my throat will cave in. I have zero friends (as in none, not even superficial ones I hear people complaining about). I stay inside for days at a time, skipping school. I have no idea what to do anymore

Scum

I can TOTALLY relate to this, I too have no friends, not IRL or online, and I rarely leave the house.

Have you tried to get yourself some support? What is it that stops you leaving the house?

Maybe you could go and see your doctor, or arrange a telephone appointment with him/her and start to get some help for yourself.

The life you lead is really tough, but it can be changed, it will take baby steps and determination on your part, but you can get there.

There is help, and hope there for you, so keep hold of it and keep fighting

R

reborn1961

I take it you live alone which allows you to scream and that you are not in highschool thus you can miss school. If so what about getting out once a week to talk to someone? If the weather is good even just sit outside your place for an hour. Baby steps can sometimes make change easier.

Anonymous Dude

I can TOTALLY relate to this, I too have no friends, not IRL or online, and I rarely leave the house.

Have you tried to get yourself some support? What is it that stops you leaving the house?

Maybe you could go and see your doctor, or arrange a telephone appointment with him/her and start to get some help for yourself.

The life you lead is really tough, but it can be changed, it will take baby steps and determination on your part, but you can get there.

There is help, and hope there for you, so keep hold of it and keep fighting
I see my therapist and she is really nice and helpful, I don't know what I would do without her. The problem isn't other people, it's just me, I feel subhuman and unworthy to be in the presence of women, and I just don't talk to guys.

I'm waiting for some medication, but that will take another two months

Anonymous Dude

I take it you live alone which allows you to scream and that you are not in highschool thus you can miss school. If so what about getting out once a week to talk to someone? If the weather is good even just sit outside your place for an hour. Baby steps can sometimes make change easier.
I'm still in highschool, my mom isn't home alot. I have to stay an extra year in high school because of all the days I missed

Scum

You are doing all the right things.

With time you will come to see that you are a valuable person, and you are worthy of people and contact and friends.

Maybe you need to try and build your self esteem. If you go to google and type in 'Ways to Improve Self Esteem' LOADS of things come up, and you could try some of them and try to improve your self esteem, it could help.

Keep fighting through it, it will get easier

I have experienced being very popular and well appreciated.

I made a decision not to have friends and I alienated myself.

Now there is no-one. ( :mellow: )

I thought the life of an independent loner was romantic.

I felt too worthless to have friends, but on the outside people just thought I was aloof and arrogant.

If it is not too late for any of you don't make the same mistake as me.

People need people.

i can really relate to you, and i know how you feel. i have a problem with depression, being anti-social, skipping school ect. as well. i've skipped so much school(just so i didn't have to deal with the people) that if i don't pull my grades up i may not graduate.

i'm here and i for sure will listen if you need to just rant about a really bad day.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
Just wanted to chime in and also say I have no friends, barely leave the house, very anti-social but I have been that way for quite a while.

And the problem with it is is that if you choose to reverse it, it will be a long and slow process if you ask me since you need time to regain your social skills and whatnot am I right? Its surely gonna take some time and patience.

All I can say is that you are not alone here, I at least can very much relate to you with your issue. I also feel extremely inferior and that nobody would want to be my friend for one thing since I am so boring and empty and pathetic.

As pathetic as it is, even on this forum (and the net) I keep to myself for the most part, i go into the chat room and just wait for someone to pm me or talk to me, I never make the first move...I've met some interesting people on the forum/chat like RainSoakedAngel or evol and some others but I never talk to them/ask for advice. If you want to talk please PM me or talk to me or something, this is hard to admit, sorry if I seemed like a jerk to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00