I hate chat

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Stupid Muppet, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apparently "chat is no longer purely for social chit chat but is a place where support is readily offered and where those in need of help should be welcomed and comforted"

Yeah whatever. When you're all having orgies in chat it's a bit difficult to see that.
  2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

If you're having problems with particular members abusing chat please let a member of staff know so that action can be taken.
  3. The mod in there kept telling them to stop it. Besides, I'm going to guess it was circumstantial more than a group of members wanting to cause trouble. It just didn't feel good when I wanted to talk to someone who wouldn't judge me to have to say "Oh, would you mind not talking like that, it's triggering me?"
  4. ybt

ybt Guest

if you're referring to today, we weren't actually. it was a joke
  5. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

regardless of jokes or not..you were asked to stop by a mod and it didnt stop and clearly it upset someone...i understand joking around and what not but....:unsure:
  6. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I'm not too much of af an of chat myself. I've sorta made myself look like an ass lately. But it's like...the mod's are there for the sake of chat. Their judgment is what is best for the chat. If ya gotta stop, you gotta stop man.
  7. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

I'm sorry that you feel that people will judge you for saying you're being triggered :( If we're ever in chat at the same time and you need to talk, then you're welcome to talk to me, if you want to.
    I hope things in chat will be a bit calmer soon :unsure:
  8. ybt

ybt Guest

it wasn't upsetting anyone as far as i could see. if you had asked us to stop we would have stopped, but i saw nobody like that
  9. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Well you clearly misjudged the situation, as someone was upset. It might be good if you tried to be a little more sensitive to those around you in chat.
  10. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

In the last month that I've been here, I've seen posts complaining about the chatroom, and heard nothing but complaints about the chatroom from different people, about a variety of problems with how chat currently is...

This is why I've stopped going in there...

It seems to be imploding on itself....
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2007
  11. ybt

ybt Guest

please stop attacking me. i didn't say 'i saw someone who didn't like it but i think he was lying, he really did like it', i said I DID NOT SEE ANYBODY COMPLAINING TO THE SLIGHTEST DEGREE.
  12. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

If i recall ybt mods asked you to stop what you were doing..but you kept doing it.

As for yelling all in caps at shygirl what will that solve??
  13. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

please stop arguing and bring this thread back to supporting the OP
  14. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I am not attacking you, and please moderate your tone.
  15. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

The main purpose of chat may have been for social chit chat, but it has always been for those that need to talk as well. You will notice the rules have been slighty altered in the past few weeks. Maybe you could come back in and have another go. If not feel free to PM me and we can talk. Take care. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.