i hate depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by skinnylove911, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Things I really hate about lving with depression

feeling uncertain of my life
    constant thoughts and feelings going through my head
    the fact the im starting to feel worse a lot more and its starting to affect me day to day.
    i can never plan for occassions as I don't know how I am gonna be
    its made daily life a real struggle
    i feel zapped in energy
    nothing makes me fel good aout my self

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Try Mind, try a part time job, try actually doing something. Then you'll have a real achievement.

3. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

You are bound to have days where you feel down and have little energy - we all feel like that so you are not alone. :hug:

It's key to keep busy/have a distraction. If you are home all day doing the same things you are going to get stuck in an awful rut and find it difficult to get out of it.

What happened to your daily plan? I rememeber you posting an activity plan on here. Don't overdo yourself - you are allowed to have "me" time and you are allowed to feel down - but don't forget that determination you have on your good days. Don't forget those goals you have set for yourself. Achieving goals will give you that boost of confidence to do even more.

Do you or have you ever seen a therapist? I used to feel like that and I did CBT with my last therapist - he helped me say "yes" to things, even if I thought I wouldn't feel like it. I'd force myself to make an effort and go to whatever it was - most of the times, I'd start it off feeling really down, but by the end I would be glad I'd made the effort.

I know it's not easy, sweetie. I'm still struggling a lot, but I'm trying. You can do it :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: for you hun! You must always remember that while depression can beat you down, you CAN recover. It's not all doom and gloom, as they say there is light after darkness.

5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

depression sucks, it has so much control over our lives...it's not funny...it's like it's the center of the universe...we have to plan around it all the time...at least that's how I feel....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.