I hate everyone around me for being happy.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by detest, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. detest

detest Banned Member

I can't stand the fact that everyone around me is no doubt happy and content with how their lives are.
    I wouldn't wish my problems on anyone.
  2. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I feel the same way sometimes. My co-workers are a prime example. They can laugh about the good in their life. My family seems to have everything good happen to them too.

I would never wish this pain I feel every waking moment on anyone in my life. It's something I couldn't offer to my enemy because I know just how horrible it is.

But at the same time I hate seeing others happier then what I can ever hope to be.

3. varek

varek Well-Known Member

Why do you think everyone around you is happy? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I know any truly happy people.. Everyone has there problems.
  4. detest

detest Banned Member

I'd be happy if I was in the shoes of another random person. That's how bad my problems are.
  5. varek

varek Well-Known Member

How come, what's up?
  6. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Hate is a strong word, but I feel this way a lot. I know its because Im jealous that Im not happy though, and lonely. I wish I could go out and have fun with people more, but I barely know how to have fun, anxiety and everything. It seems like the more open minded of a person I have become, the less I fit into society. Some people just seem like sheep to me, not thinking for themselves. I dont even think my family really likes me anymore.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
  7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

It is difficult to say if other people are happy or not because different people have different ways to cope. Just because someone's smiling all the time does not mean they do not have challenges in their lives. Just because someone has a lot of money does not mean they are happy. Etc. Hating others for their ability to cope does not seem like it would be productive or healthy to recovery. If your troubles were to go away and suddenly you felt happy, would you then hate yourself? Would you become upset at such a point if others hated you? How others feel, or their status in their lives, affects only them, not me... so I try to not gauge or measure myself against how I perceive their lives to be. In your wellness plan, there must be a destination that is "happy," so it's better to see happy as a good thing rather than a thing to hate.
  8. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i can relate in a way.

the thing that gets me is when someone goes on about their life and how good it is... or a particular event.

oh, i'm doing this... and while i'm their i'm gonna do this, that, and the other.... and it's gonna be so cool!

and i'm thinking... please, give me a break?. go and enjoy it and be happy, but please don't go on about it
  9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Detest, I'm sorry you're having rough times. When we get dealt a big blow or a whole lot of little ones in a row, it hurts. No one has a perfect, trouble-free life. What looks good to one, could be dreadful for another - and many people put on a good face even in bad times just so others don't know it's hard for them. I

I also think that some people don't know they have it better than other people - and some of them take a lot for granted. Life isn't always fair in how and when it deals out the good and bad things. I hope you keep looking for happy and good times; they do come around. Even if they are fleeting and small moments, they can be strung together to give us a sense that life isn't all bad. :hug:
  10. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

This is an old thread that has been resurrected and the OP has been banned. Closing the thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.