i hate everything, but mostly i hate myself

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sondenise, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Sondenise

Sondenise Member

I used to take sertraline, but after those stopped working the doctor switched me to lexapro. unfortunately, this was only 2 days ago and they haven't kicked in yet. I have crappy and i got depressed REALLY badly today because i realized that not a single one of my creative suggestions at work have ever been considered much less implemented in the 2 years i've been there.

i started feeling worse and worse and i suddenly wanted to cry for no reason, so i went to the bathroom to sob. I haven't slept well or at all in the past week so today when I got home i took a nap but it wasn't restful at all because my mind wouldn't stop at all. it just kept racing and racing. I also haven't eaten anything since yesterday at noon and i've been eating less often.

everything has been grating at me like sandpaper on my skin. my neighbor wants me to help him with his phone bill tomorrow since he doesn't speak english and i'm just tired of always doing things for everyone else around me but no one can ever seem to help me the few times i need it.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh it so hard when your medication gets switched you have to get use to side effects which should wear off within 6 days. I hope you are talking to your doctor about how the medication is making you feel Keep an open communication okay I think you need to tell neighbor you are not well right now and to just take some time for you okay do things that make you happy and relaxed and the heck with everyone else. If you get worse call doctor okay or crisis just so you can keep safe. take care
  3. Sondenise

Sondenise Member

thanks Violet. I guess I just have to try anything I can to keep me going until these new medications start working. Also, I suppose one of the reasons i'm not eating is because of my depression and the whole trying to lose weight since i weigh way to much, so since the depression makes me lose my appetite, i'm not exactly fighting it.