• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I hate Facebook

I hate Facebook and really wish that I never rejoined it again.

The biggest joke of the site is that people are declining my friend requests and I sent them messages asking why they didn’t accept my friend requests. And guess what? They completely ignore my messages and don't even bother to reply back.

It’s just nothing but a toxic waste site for me.

Last edited:

Nick

☆☆Still Ducking Fantastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I have it set so people who aren't my friends on FB can't message me. You might be able to think you sent me a message, but I won't get it. I think more and more people are setting up their FB this way. That would mean they never even got your message to reply. Not to mention, I haven't look at my messages on FB for literal months so who knows what people have sent me on there who are on my friends list.

Dark111

Scholar's Mate
SF Supporter
I hate Facebook and really wish that I never rejoined it again.

The biggest joke of the site is that people are declining my friend requests and I sent them messages asking why they didn’t accept my friend requests. And guess what? They completely ignore my messages and don't even bother to reply back.

It’s just nothing but a toxic waste site for me.
I don't really use facebook anymore, and when I did it was mostly to keep informed on certain topics I was interested in and to keep in touch with a couple of people I already knew in real life. I very often rejected friend requests because they were mostly from guys who had zero interest in discussing the latest web development framework I had just posted about.

How are you choosing the people you sent the friend requests to?

When it comes to platforms like facebook, people are at their most shallow and need to feel it's of some benefit to them in accepting a friend request. But I imagine there are certain subjects and/or aspects of life in general that are of interest to you, be it science & tech, travelling, movies, cryptocurrency, architecture, cooking, etc. The list is endless. There are a whole host of different groups, have you tried joining any of those? Having an immediate interest in common with lots of other people can be a great ice-breaker.

I wouldn't think it's personal/all personal, I bet a lot of people ignore messages depending on how well they know the person, how busy they are etc, but either way if it's dragging you down maybe its better to deactivate or just spend less time on there

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00