I hate heat.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meaningless-vessel, Jul 19, 2013.

1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I rarely hate. It's such a strong word. But, for the essence of sustained heat levels of 27C+ (for someone who's not used to seeing these temperatures daily or year in year out), I hate heat.

Here's a basic understanding why.

Ok, there are a fair few who are enjoying sunning themselves, getting burnt/tanned, going to the seaside, having to be at work (and this is probably the best bit for me to not be in my previous job, in a hotel kitchen). But I really do despise the heat especially in the current levels of it. I remember what 2006 was like, and I was working in a cafe at that time, walking a 20 min journey home I got burnt myself.

Fast forward to today - I actually thought "Let's see how I go out and about in the heat, a day after a venesection". More fool me. Stomach cramps, and rumbling, telling me I was hungry/thirsty and bloated at the same time, feeling tired (having coffee didn't do a lot to ease it, as no sooner as the effect had taken hold, I was drained from the sustained heat), and battling against passing out.

Yet, most days I've tucked myself away indoors, in my room, and not been this bad. Maybe it was something to do with the venesection. Or the fact I was out for a prolonged length of time in the heat. Either way, I know i'll minimise external activities to what's necessary (Signing on, interviews, hospital appointments), until the weather eases. I'll be glad of temperatures under 20C during the day when they arrive. Hopefully with rain.

2. Aether

Aether Well-Known Member

I hate heat too ... And lucky me, here in my country the heat levels are sometimes over 40C. Just another reason to stay in the house :biggrin1: Hasn`t rained in awhile, so I`m impatiently waiting for it...

3. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

I hear you. Hot weather really does not help with insomnia either >.< I've been laying awake until the early hours for the past two weeks, tossing and turning in the heat, kicking my sheets onto the floor and throwing my pillows across my room in frustration, lol.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, I hate this intense heat...drowning in swear just sitting around, not being able to breathe, chest pain, getting sunburned easily...luckily it will cool down here soon, and hopefully it will cool down there too.

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i hate summer full stop- for much of the same reasons you do.

feel like i'm the only person lockd out of summer, if that makes sense

6. broke

broke Well-Known Member

lol it makes sense, I feel the same way. All the happy people in the sun. The only way I would even remotely enjoy the summer is if I were super rich. But as it is, the heat just compounds every single problem. Constant feeling of exhaustion which really lends its self to depression. Give me ice and snow and dark skies, storms and rain and bitter cold.

7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

we got 45c yesterday....that was way too hot...I can't wait for fall :(