I hate holidays

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bigman2232, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

So it's Thanksgiving here in Canada and once again I went home to the family dinner. I hate going home. Especially this time since my mom is moving and as of Nov. 1 I have no where to go home to once I'm done here at school.

SO I go home and I get nothing but feelings of anger and disappointment directed at me. Yelled at because I sound like all I do here is party and screw around. Well the little fun I do have is the only thing that keeps me from ending it.

Then there's the updates on everyone's lives and I get to hear how they got a new car, new home, are getting married, are now dating for this long, blah blah blah. All while literally watching everyone other than me with a significant other.

And what's new in my life, absolutely nothing. Well other than the girl I'm thinking about has a new name but they don't need to know that.

And the real fun part of it all was when I told my cousin that "I had found a mythical creature" (was referring to someone that could actually drink as much as me) and he responds with "what's her name?". Real uplifting when people think that a girl that would date you is a mythical creature as in does not actually exist.

I really needed that appointment on friday and now I have to wait another month.

I am going to snap and it's not going to be pretty.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Fuck family.
  3. angus

angus Active Member

Families are a funny thing...they are the ones that are supposed to love you the most...and I believe in most cases they do, it's just hard to understand something you have never been through. They may not understand where you are, and if you are like me you are so worried about their reaction you don't say anything. They may not understand that the little fun you have is your only real connection to something good. They may also not realize how you feel inadequate when comparing life situations. It's tough. I know how you feel though....blonde, beautiful sister who is perfect, happily married with two very cute kids....and she is younger then me! Good luck and pm if you need to. :wink:
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Maybe you should think about cutting the partying down.(not all togethor just cut back). Most of the girls you would want a relationship with kind of frown when you are wasted all the time. My case was the opposite all my relationships were with drunks. All they wanted to do was get wasted. None of the relations with them worked out because I was always working. They would tell me I was boring!! I have never liked bars, people just run there mouths to hear themselves talk. I have given up on ever having a meaning full life with someone. My therapist says I would always hook up with drunks because at first they were fun, then it just got to be a bunch of crap because that is all they wanted to do.
    As far as family that really sucks because they aren't supporting you. In my eyes if you are going to college you are bettering yourself. There is no reason to put you down because of that. Maybe you should cut the ties for a while and think about yourself!! If they contact you and want to know why you aren't at a family function tell them because you don't need all of the negative bullshit they are always throwing at you. tell them there is no reason to attend because all they do is put you down. Let them stew about that for a while. Take Care~Joseph~
  5. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Well by partying I mean just hanging out with people and doing something. I haven't been to an actual bar in over a year and a half. We do drink but it's not as bad as at a bar and with it being a better setting, I can actually talk to people. To be honest I usually end up spending most of the time making sure everyone is safe. I can't help it. So even when I do party, it's not like I'm just out with no care in the world.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.