I hate how people talk to me..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ScouseJM, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

..Its like they dont take me seriously because I fell into depression because my partner left me. They have this attitude about them that even though they might not all say it out loud (some do though) but you can tell that theyre thinkin "this is just a little heartache, everyone goes through it and in a few months you will laugh about this". Like Im some little child. I know being in my mid twenties I am still young but those who know me seem to forget and those who dont just have no idea that I had to grow up way before a young person should and seen and learned a lot more than other people my age. I dont want to come across like I think of myself as oh so mature and wise and I certainly dont want anyone to feel sorry for me, I just dont wanna feel like no one takes me or my problems seriously. I have always been a fighter but I cant fight anymore, I havent got the energy anymore and most importantly, I havent got the will to fight anymore. I fought so hard to save my relationship, I fought so hard to be a good parent to the children just to have it all taken away in a moment, in a mood, a change of mind. I dont know what to do, Im panickin and I struggle to breathe. I am glad people here have all been understanding and supportive, I really am. Yet its like nothing means a thing to me anymore I just want my family back.
  2. EllieThade

EllieThade Antiquities Friend

I really don't know what to say, but I am touched by your post, so I had to reply in some way. I'm sorry you don't have your partner or family anymore. You must be so sad... My depression started when my best friend (my sister) stopped talking to me. For no reason. For the last 15 years, I still wonder why she won't be my friend or talk to me anymore.

Anyway, I've been fighting like hell all these years to stay alive and be well and not harm myself. There are many many times when I want to give up, when I don't have the will to fight anymore. But I'm still around, so that will to live is in there somewhere. Wish I could make it grow bigger... You've fought for a reason. Try and find that reason and don't give up!

Hang in there...
  3. ScouseJM

Thank you Ellie, your post means a lot to me!

I am hangin in there for the hope that they will come back to me..although my head knows they wont, my heart clings on to the hope coz its what keeps me alive xxx

I hope you keep finding the strength to hold on and I hope that one day you will find out what made her do that because I am sure the not knowing is torture x
  4. ScouseJM

I am SO pissed off right now because its happened again just then and it really really pisses me off.
  5. EllieThade

EllieThade Antiquities Friend

I'm so sorry that it happened again... You must be so frustrated. Is it your family that is treating you this way? In the beginning of my depression, a lot of people said stuff like "you'll get over it" or "pull yourself out of it." I guess landing in the psych hospital so many times got them to realize that wasn't going to happen so easily. My family is more understanding now (except for my husband who I can't even talk to about it...) Anyway, hugs to you and I hope whoever pissed you off will realize sooner or later that depression is just not something you'll snap out of.

You're in my thoughts...

6. ScouseJM

Thanks a million Ellie, I feel u really understand me. It isnt my family, they dont know anything about my situation as I hardly speak to them. Actually it wasnt even anyone important. Still gets to me tho..thanks again xx
  7. ScouseJM

:argh: Im so pissed off.. I mean, dont get me wrong, I do understand how some people get a certain idea about my situation and think maybe Im bein fooled but I KNOW some things for sure, I am not stupid so I wish they would stop talkin to me like Im a stupid naive fool :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  8. AimeeLou1984

AimeeLou1984 Member

Hi Scouse,

God I know what this feels like. I'm in my early twenties - 23 - and I have the exact same problem.

Like you I have experienced a lot more than most peoplke my age. While most people my age seem to be mainly worried with going clubbing/meeting up with friends at the weekends, I have had a lot more to deal with. I feel the same as you in the fact I don't want sympathy for what I've been through and I don't think of myself as being really wise - but a little understanding from other people would be nice.

My relationship break down happened last September. It was my choice but because I had no friends from that relationship and I built my whole life around that one person, coming out of that was really hard. We had been through a lot and I had to fight every single day for the whole 5 years we were together. So when it ended I simply couldn't fight anymore because I felt everything I had done had been for nothing. That's when I started to feel suicidal.

I completely understand and I just wanted you to know that so if you ever need to vent/chat then please feel free to message me :)

Aimee xxxxx
  9. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Hi hun
    i dont think that age matters when you loose somebody that is dear to you, the pain and the hurt is the same and if children are involved we as mothers feel we have to be strong for them , but where is the me time the time to grieve for what we have lost? i can relate to much of what you are saying and im sorry you are struggling right now pm anytime hun happy to talk with you , please take care i know this is a difficult time for you
  10. forlorn

forlorn Staff Alumni

dear jasmin, age doesnt matter, you live in the now like the rest of us. I know how your feeling and remember what ppl said to me, the same things ive said to you. I didnt want to believe them, anyhow that was my situation and not yours and i pray youll find a happy ending and be back with your family. I dont know what to say but please dont do anything stupid, we cant see into the future we just guess the pattern lifes taking us in and think this is it. Have hope Jasmin your a lovely person and i truly hope you find happieness. :smile:
  11. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

Jasmin, i know it hurts so much, i would never patronise you. Age is just a number, when you feel it in your heart it doesnt matter.

Maybe, in there own twisted way they are trying to help. I know it doesnt feel like that at all (like when i had anorexia, and people kept telling me to "just eat something" - yeah, fantastic, like I hadnt thought of that!!) but i guess thats all they know how to do.

Keep screaming and shouting about it, and let it out. and if they still dont understand? screw it hun, because there are alot of people who do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.