• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

I hate it when people beat me to everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicsFan

When it comes to posting on other sites that is. Someone posted something in a thread that I was planning on doing (and should’ve done it when I had the chance to myself) but they beat me to doing it of course.

I just really hate this so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Hey 👋! :) just go ahead and post it anyway, ClassicShowsFan.:D I do it all the time - there’s nothing wrong with it, really. . :^) Don’t let ‘em steal your thunder! Especially if you’ve put that much effort into it (you’d really be robbing us, even more so - for real!)..:)

ClassicsFan

Hey 👋! :) just go ahead and post it anyway, ClassicShowsFan.:D I do it all the time - there’s nothing wrong with it, really. . :^) Don’t let ‘em steal your thunder! Especially if you’ve put that much effort into it (you’d really be robbing us, even more so - for real!)..:)
I meant to say on other forums outside of here, sorry. :(

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
No worries 😉 or problems, ever! Just, as they say in that movie (is it “frozen?”) ~ ‘let it go!’ . . ; ) / Sorry that it happens though, that would annoy me for a hot minute - till I realized its best to be, as ice-t (or final level on Twitter & I don t know his name on SVU) says, ‘MOVIN!’ : )

Bergerac

Lost are only those who abandon themselves
What are the nature of these threads that they beat you to posting? Something emotion-related, that you wanted to vent? A new and creative idea? Some news you discovered? Or, simply a great idea for a thread that everyone can be incorporated in?

I just ask because I can imagine the nature of it determining how you feel, consequently.

ClassicsFan

What are the nature of these threads that they beat you to posting? Something emotion-related, that you wanted to vent? A new and creative idea? Some news you discovered? Or, simply a great idea for a thread that everyone can be incorporated in?

I just ask because I can imagine the nature of it determining how you feel, consequently.
Some news that I discovered.

Daphna

Ninja of light
When it comes to posting that is. Someone posted something in a thread that I was planning on doing (and should’ve done it when I had the chance to myself) but they beat me to doing it of course.

I just really hate this so much.
This can easily be changed. Post something the moment you feel the urge to, and you’ll be the first to do so.

Bergerac

Lost are only those who abandon themselves
And once more, someone posted something on another forum yesterday that I'm on which I could've done myself when having the chance to.
I can see why this might distress you, but if you think about it, sometimes, feeling the need to post certain things before others do, is all about external validation, in a sense.
Perhaps you could try to make yourself feel better by working towards being satisfied in the knowledge that despite not posting something first, you knowing/discovering/creating something is enough to feel good about yourself internally. That's the most important thing, I would think. Credit yourself, without needing other, too.
Have a pride in yourself anyway. This applies to all except the job market, and other highly competitive environments, of course.
Take care.

ClassicsFan

I can see why this might distress you, but if you think about it, sometimes, feeling the need to post certain things before others do, is all about external validation, in a sense.
Perhaps you could try to make yourself feel better by working towards being satisfied in the knowledge that despite not posting something first, you knowing/discovering/creating something is enough to feel good about yourself internally. That's the most important thing, I would think. Credit yourself, without needing other, too.
Have a pride in yourself anyway. This applies to all except the job market, and other highly competitive environments, of course.
Take care.
Thank you for that advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00