I hate it when people don't understand.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AAA3330, May 9, 2015.

1. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

It makes me feel really bad that so many people don't understand how I feel and say things that aren't helpful to me. I wouldn't wish my illness on anyone, but I wish that they could feel the way that I do if just for a day so they would understand. I had a lot of things said to me and was around several people while I was in the hospital that clearly had no concept of how I feel and it really hurts me. On the outside I basically isolate myself and don't really have to deal with it, but while I was in the hospital many people were talking in such a way, that I could tell that they really had no concept of what I'm dealing with. It just really hurts me to see so many people running around feeling fine while I'm always deeply disturbed mentally and having such a rough time. It's just not fair. I did go back to see my psychiatrist and she did put me on an antidepressant. I don't think that it will help, but it won't hurt either. She's always very understanding of how I'm feeling, but so many at the hospital weren't and it really upsets me. I have no control over what my mind is doing to me and so many don't seem to be able to understand that.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I get that. I have had many hospitalizations and I often felt misunderstood and mistreated. They had no idea what was going through my mind and weren't exactly willing to learn either. You're right, it is not fair, it's not fair that they pretend to understand but perhaps are only trying to make you feel better in the way they feel is best. I took a huge OD, was in the high dependency unit and the professor told me I was an attention seeker, that made me even more suicidal. I totally get what you're saying and where you're coming from, just know you are not alone in feeling like this.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I care, :)
  3. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I've just been searching the web and it really frustrates me how so many people just have no concept of what I have to deal with. I always see people saying that "suicide is never the answer" and that things always change in life or to go to the hospital. My situation hasn't gotten any better and it never will. I've been to the hospital. My mind is totally fucked up and it always will be. Why is the world filled with people who can't comprehend that in cases like mine that there is no hope. I've been messed up in the head for 2 and a half years and it hasn't gotten any better. I just get so frustrated that I live in a world where nobody seems to understand how I feel. I figure that in a world with so many people that I can't be the only person that this has ever happened to, but it feels like I'm the only one. There really is no hope for me and I would be so much better off dead. When it gets to the point that you're so mentally disabled that you can barely take care of yourself and are unable to function in society then death is the best solution as far as I'm concerned.