i hate it when people just can't stop talking

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by justastrangegirl, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justastrangegirl

justastrangegirl Well-Known Member

Yesterday my mom, my dad and I went to the house of my mom's "priestess". While my mom was talking to her priestess, a lady and my dad started to talk about random things. Then, out of the blue, the girl (who's older than me) and my dad started talking about my upcoming surgery (I'm having a orthognathic surgery done probably in May).

This surgery, in my case, is not aesthetical at all. I must have this proceedure done because the muscles of my face, particularly the muscles of my cheekbones, are beginning to atrophy due to a genetic disorder.

The thing is, this girl just started to say, as if she knew me, that is my fault this is happening to me because I don't smile, I don't talk, because I'm antisocial, that these proceedure is performed in people with horse faces and that no wonder my face's changed since I was a little girl (she saw pictures of me one time she came home). My father, instead of making her stop or say at least something to correct her (because not a single thing she said had something to do with my condition), encouraged her :livid: . He said that there's not an ounce of evil in my body, but that I sure am antisocial because I only drink water, and that I don't even drink coke or even less alcoholic beverages, etc. etc.

Then, the last thing this girl dropped was "You don't even have facial expressions. You should get cheked. Everyone has different expressions when they move their eyebrows or something, but you look always the same".

I know that she did not say these things to make me feel bad, but anyway, I'd say she was nosy and careless. Everytime I hear someone say something about someone else's body or appearance, or even when someone says something about me, I remember this scene from the Pink Panther 2, when mrs. Beringer said to Clouseau: "YOU MUST NEVER COMMENT ON A WOMAN'S BODY".

2. HelgasAngel

HelgasAngel Well-Known Member

she's criticizing your looks when her personality deserves the criticizing. I have a feeling that's just who she is. Which is sad. Just know that she's talking out of her ass and pay no mind to her.

3. JMG

JMG Well-Known Member

What I do whenever someone says something really horrible and offensive to me for no good reason at all is just give them the most purely disgusted look I can possibly muster, then after I just constantly glare and look at them with a look of absolute hatred. I guess people would generally consider that to be "sulky" or passive-aggressive or something like that but I don't really care. I rarely have very good (witty or sharp) kinds of comebacks and things like that which has always bothered me a lot about myself but I realized years ago the only people who can truly pull that off need to be either EXTREMELY confident, extremely smart, enough of a mix of both of those, or good at faking confidence at least. None of those are even remotely anything I could use as words to describe myself at all so I do that and I feel it expresses the anger well enough most of the time. The thing that feels the best about it is knowing that if I had the quickness of words to say something cutting to them I most definitely would, but I am doing everything I can instead. Once I am around someone like that and I know they are like that I go as out of my way as I possibly can to avoid EVER having to see them again also. You do NOT want or need those kinds of jerks in your life they are thoughtless and toxic. There are lots of very good and thoughtful people in the world who are FAR more deserving of your time, energy and attention. Continue making sure you NEVER become one of the jerks and you will eventually find the good ones, and whatever you do NEVER give up because when you do find them the difference they make in a person's life is like nothing else on the planet ;)

4. wecouldfightcrime

wecouldfightcrime Active Member

she has no right to pass comment. end of.
    hope you are okay, as it is very clear that you do have emotions xxxxxx

5. justastrangegirl

justastrangegirl Well-Known Member

thank you guys for your replies. Yeap, I also can't make witty comebacks and I hate that too, so all I do in cases like this is leave the room.

I can't wait to have the surgery, I just want to be able to look in the mirror and see a nice reflection, but since it is way too expensive I obviously feel guilty too.

Anyway, I've never really talked to this girl before, because I know she's toxic. She's always talking about other people's businesses and gossiping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.