i HATE math!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by thedeafmusician, Jul 18, 2008.

1. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

it can go and die in a hole! i dont want to do it next year, but i *cant* drop it. damn it!!!! i dont see the point in doing it, and i hate the fact that people assume i like it just because i'm good at it. grrrr

2. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

I felt that way about bio. And I wasn't even good at it. I'd get this horrible foreboding every time bio class approached. The whole class I'd stare at the clock.
    You'll get through. Chat to people in class. If you have to be quiet, do other subjects' homework in math class. Draw pictures. Write poems. Recall the lyrics of your favorite songs and write them down. A whole album can take a good 20 mins. Stare at the wall and think of what you'll do the rest of the day. Or just skip class a lot?
    And since you're good at math, you'll pass the course easily, and if your other grades are high enough, a low score in math class won't matter much.

Good luck!

3. Just_a_guy

Just_a_guy Well-Known Member

almost no one is good at maths, its all just sitting muscles :D

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I know what you mean TDM. Being good at something doesn't mean you like doing it. I was forced to take some classes juat because I was good at it and I absolutely hated it. I wished I could fail just so I wouldn't have to take them, but I couldn't allow myself to do that either. Hang tough hun. the years will fly by quickly enough and you won't have to do the assignments any more :)

5. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

Part of me loves Maths, but part of me hates it, because I find it so difficult to understand. I wish I could put some of the theory into a physical real-world application. I mean the crazy advanced calculus, like partial differentiaton, it makes no sense but it's fascinating all the same. I just hate that I'm so crap at understanding it.

6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Update: I've been offered a place in an extension class out of school. For math. I spoke to one of my teachers about hating math but being good at it, and she mentioned me to the teacher of that class - her dad, and he's offered me a place, free of charge. I dont know if I want to go or not. I haven't even planted the idea in Mum and Dad's mind. Even though I hate math... the class actually sounds interesting.

:unsure:

7. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

I hate maths too, but it's because i completely suck at it, my teachers an ass, and yeah :)
    but.. why do you hate it? do people pressure or nag you over it, because you're good at it?
    because if you can do it, shouldn't you find it easy and i guess not enjoyable.. but not un-enjoyable?
    what is it about maths that makes you hate it?
    cos maybe you could actually like it, then you could do really well in it and yeah :)
    trust me millions of people would wish they were you, you're lucky to be so good at it
    but yeah i hope you're hate gets resolved