I Hate My Family!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by bleach, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

To clarify... I like them as individuals, but I hate them as my family. They are putting me through hell! Everything is about them... their expectations, their disappointment, their criticisms... don't they see how badly they have ruined me? Why can't they just leave me alone? I can't do the things I want to because of them. I can't kill myself because of them. Fuck! They've got me in shackles here. I need to get the fuck away from them before I completely lose my mind...

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I know, sounds stupid and you've probably heard it before but... any chance that you could take some time away? Even a week at a friends or relatives home or book a room away from where you live? Might give you just enough of a breather and some much needed space from the family.

3. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

This sounds like a good idea :wink:

4. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

I'm hating my family too at the minute. Pretty much none of them are speaking to me because I'm dropping out of school because it makes me depressed.

Same case with me. I just want my family to leave me alone too. I've considered running away but I can't think of anywhere to run to.
    I got yelled at the other day because my mum found my diary that I write in when I feel really low and suicidal - problem with families is, they never seem to understand.

Despite all that, I couldn't go as far as suicide because of them either. It would crush them. We've had suicide in our family before... and it wasn't coped with well.

That is a really good idea - except all my family and friends live in the same area :huh:

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Have you guys thought that maybe your families want what's best for you? I've listened ty my loving parents for most of my life and things turned out pretty well for me.

6. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

i hate my family too right now. my dad is always screaming and shouting, he never lets up.and then he gets my mom arguing. my dad isnt speaking to me right now, instead, if he needs to tell me something hell scream it at me.

7. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I'm sure they do want what's best for me, but they have their own ideas of what is best and don't want to hear anything else. They are not really loving, they are mostly critical and emotionally distant, especially my parents. They've never been people i can talk to, and I only wish i could stop listening to them.

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Maybe try reasoning with them if you can.

9. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're describing my parents! Nobody in my house is talking to me at the moment and they all hate me.
    I've tried reasoning with my parents loads of times, it's never worked for me :sad:

10. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

How do you know that? Not all families are loving like yours. You don't need to 'listen' to your parents all you life, sometimmes it's time to take charge of your own life and become an individual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.