I hate my sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorrow

That sounds horrible doesn't it. I just had a fight with her over trying to hit my nephew with a belt. He is five and special needs. She makes me sick. She is so mean and hateful to him. He doesn't seem to be a very happy child to me. I can't take watching how she treats her kids. I just wish she would abandon them and run away or even die. I know horrible to think that. I don't understand how people can be so cruel. Why can't people like her be sterile??

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
...trying to hit my nephew with a belt. He is five ...
Your poor little nephew! (And you because you know it's happened/ing.)

Isn't it against the law to strike any child with something like that? (I don't know for sure.)

Big :hug: to you.

Sorrow

Thanks. I don't know. An ex friend of mine and her boyfriend beat her daughter with a board. Social workers came and said it was ok as long as it was on the butt and left no marks. They don't seem to care where I live if children are abused or not. They don't care at all about emotional abuse. My nephew already self harms. He bangs his head and punches himself at five years old. It kills me for him to be in so much pain. He was born really premature and it is a miracle he is even alive. Although I sometimes am not sure how much of a miracle it is for him.

Sorrow

There doesn't seem to be anything I can do. That's the problem. No one else cares. Everyone just looks the other way. No one seems to really care about anyone but themselves.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
If there REALLY is nothing at all that you can do, then I would try to separate myself from the situation as much as possible, including my thoughts about it. If there's nothing you can do, wishing it would be different will be torture.
But if there is something you can do, like call a child abuse line, then do it.

:hug:

H

HappyAZaClaM

That sounds horrible doesn't it. I just had a fight with her over trying to hit my nephew with a belt. He is five and special needs. She makes me sick. She is so mean and hateful to him. He doesn't seem to be a very happy child to me. I can't take watching how she treats her kids. I just wish she would abandon them and run away or even die. I know horrible to think that. I don't understand how people can be so cruel. Why can't people like her be sterile??
your sister belongs in prison. do what you must to see that that is where she is put.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Sorrow,

You never mentioned how old your sister is. How old is she? It was horrible what she did to your nephew.

J

jam1e

I would think having a child with Special Needs can be very tiring and stressful.

However, using a belt to discipline him is so wrong!:sad:

I don't mean to put the burden on you, but as he can not help himself, you, as a loving relative must fight for justice on his behalf.

I don't know anything about US law but i doubt that is lawful!

Call your local Police Station and ask there advice?

Good Luck!:smile:

H

HappyAZaClaM

I just wish she would abandon them and run away or even die
the more horrible and grotesque, the better

I know horrible to think that
not even close to horrible. it is the right and understandable way to feel.
she obviously has deep seated issues. well well, no time to lie on the
couch and talk to doc. it's a bit late for that. what's best for sis is a
a hit and run while she's crossing the street........alone.

and a new home for the kiddies. sis is seriosly damaged goods. no
hope for getting better. but there could be hope for the kids.

file charges,. see to it she's locked up for as many years as the law
allows.

I just joined this forum, but already I'm put off by a lack of any attempt to understand why this woman behaves aggressively towards her child. For one thing, maybe she is not entirely to blame for how she treats this kid. Children with no mental or physical problems can be extremely difficult to raise - certainly a great deal less effortless than most of you assume - especially now, let alone a child with special needs which can greatly increase the mental and physical burden of the caretaker. Even parents with a "normal" child may turn to painful methods of discipline because, lets face it, kids respond much quicker and accordingly to pain than they do anything else. And it's an especially tempting method of controlling erratic behavior to special needs parents.

Most people, including yourselves would probably break down pretty quickly under the circumstances that most parents with disabled/special needs children live under. It's easy and natural to be sympathetic towards a problematic child and to blame the parent for their actions, but that is a load of bigotry that drives me up the wall. A parent like this one does not deserve to die, or go to jail. What they deserve is consolation and professional counsel of how to deal with a special needs child.

Last edited by a moderator:

aoeu

I'm in favour of corporal punishment for children. Belts do no lasting physical damage. Emotional damage won't happen unless it's abuse rather than punishment - and there is a VERY clear line.

My step-dad's father was a model corporal punisher, for instance. He used a whip. When the children did something wrong, he would take them behind the shed and, without emotion, beat them to tears. They knew what they did wrong, and they didn't do it again without extreme consideration of the consequences.

My mom's father was a clear example of an abuser. He enraged during punishments and did not impart a clear lesson; they were essentially random.

Chances are good this lies between those extremes, but corporal punishment is NOT the end of the world. A good spanking is sometimes needed.

H

HappyAZaClaM

I just joined this forum, but already I'm put off by a lack of any attempt to understand why this woman behaves aggressively towards her child. For one thing, maybe she is not entirely to blame for how she treats this kid. Children with no mental or physical problems can be extremely difficult to raise - certainly a great deal less effortless than most of you assume - especially now, let alone a child with special needs which can greatly increase the mental and physical burden of the caretaker. Even parents with a "normal" child may turn to painful methods of discipline because, lets face it, kids respond much quicker and accordingly to pain than they do anything else. And it's an especially tempting method of controlling erratic behavior to special needs parents.

Most people, including yourselves would probably break down pretty quickly under the circumstances that most parents with disabled/special needs children live under. It's easy and natural to be sympathetic towards a problematic child and to blame the parent for their actions, but that is a load of bigotry that drives me up the wall. A parent like this one does not deserve to die, or go to jail. What they deserve is consolation and professional counsel of how to deal with a special needs child.
bleeding heart do gooder jibberish. beating a 5 year old child with a
belt is utterly inexcusable. yet, you have done just that. excused it and
tried to justify it. it's sick. do you think beating a kid with a belt is ok? maybe
you need some couch time your own self. your post is ridiculous.

H

HappyAZaClaM

rather than delete or edit my other post, I will just add....

I apologize if I offended you or anyone by suggesting this person
should be drawn and quartered or thrown into prison for life without
parole.

those were kneejerk reactions of course. she obviously has issues
which I did state. BUT, she decided to become a mother and the welfare
of her children now come before her own baggage, which is exactly what it is
and allowing someone like this to take out their own misery by beating the crap out of a kid is simply not civilized. she shoukld not have had children
at the very least, they should be taken away and she should be court
ordered to be spayed, sorry if that's crude and vulgar. ok, a court
ordered hysterectomy. no more kids. she's a fucked up unit, and can't
deal with the situation. so, she shouldn't be in it. it's obscene to defend
such a person. perhaps she does not deserve death or prison.
she deserves to be dealt with by a court of law though. she is
fucked up and should not have responsibility for kids, ever again.
period

Sorrow

Yes, children are difficult to raise. My mom and I do most of the care for her children and we have not ever wanted or even thought to use a belt on them. My sister does not feel bad at all about how she treats them. They are her possessions not people. We can not talk to her without her getting angry and lashing out at the kids. She was not hit with a belt as a child. She doesn't leave any bruises on them so I don't think there is much I can do.

H

HappyAZaClaM

I'm in favour of corporal punishment for children. Belts do no lasting physical damage. Emotional damage won't happen unless it's abuse rather than punishment - and there is a VERY clear line.

My step-dad's father was a model corporal punisher, for instance. He used a whip. When the children did something wrong, he would take them behind the shed and, without emotion, beat them to tears. They knew what they did wrong, and they didn't do it again without extreme consideration of the consequences.

My mom's father was a clear example of an abuser. He enraged during punishments and did not impart a clear lesson; they were essentially random.

Chances are good this lies between those extremes, but corporal punishment is NOT the end of the world. A good spanking is sometimes needed.
well, don't have any kids then aoeu. there might be some nosy neighbor
like me lurking in his/her garden trimming the begonias and if ya get caught
beatin the hell out of a kid with a belt (that does no lasting damage by
the way, and of course as you are an EGGZPERT on this, we won't
question your facts and information) uh.....nosy neighbor might beat
the fuckin shit outa YOU :biggrin:

you and the neighbor can share a cell. you're crazy by the way. using a belt
on a kid is totally off the scales as being prudent or sensible. I'm surprised.
I thought you had more of a mind than that. ah, buggar. I've been woefully
mistaken many times before. not such a shock then, but a disappointment.

H

HappyAZaClaM

I couldn't help re reading your psychotic misguided post again. this is
classic burger brain "thats da way we alwuz done it. it's gudd enuf fer us
yup yup yup yup" mindfuck thinking. it's insane. you're insane.

aoeu

No, I'm not hugely in favour of tradition, but it's sometimes necessary to talk to a child in a language they listen to. My 6 six year old half-brother had this thing where he liked hitting people. His parents use such things as time-outs as punishment [this time around for dad, anyhow.] Complete brat - except when he's around me.

One day he hit me. First time. I twisted his arm a little. I told him to stop hitting people and told him to promise me he wouldn't hit people. He refused. I twisted it more. He refused. And more. He cried. He became silent, but never made the promise...

He's never hit anyone again. He's not exactly scarred for that, either, and we remain good friends. And he listens to me now, but not his parents.

H

HappyAZaClaM

No, I'm not hugely in favour of tradition, but it's sometimes necessary to talk to a child in a language they listen to. My 6 six year old half-brother had this thing where he liked hitting people. His parents use such things as time-outs as punishment [this time around for dad, anyhow.] Complete brat - except when he's around me.

One day he hit me. First time. I twisted his arm a little. I told him to stop hitting people and told him to promise me he wouldn't hit people. He refused. I twisted it more. He refused. And more. He cried. He became silent, but never made the promise...

He's never hit anyone again. He's not exactly scarred for that, either, and we remain good friends. And he listens to me now, but not his parents.
I see. so you spared him the 'ROD' then, ay? and he stopped hitting you
anyway. you didn't need to "beat him to tears" as the phrase goes then?
from your other post?

well, that's grand. ritualistically beating children or anyone with any sort
of implement is sick. I realize it's part of our psychotic heritage as human
monsters, passed down over thousands of years, but it's still sick as
hell. I maintain that the OP's sister needs a seriously brutal merciless
beating her own self so she can see what she is doing to that kid.

people like that need to be put down like a rabid hyena. sorry, that's
my opinion and I will not waver from it. I ever have a kid and anyone
wails on him/her with any implements, that person will be perfect for the
next remake of the fugitive. the one armed mutherfucker :smile:

sorry, I think it's sick and should not be allowed. twisting your half
brothers arm a little is no analogy and the regailing of that anecdote
is worse than pointless. it is an attempt to validate the psychotic
behavior of OP's sister.

there is no comparison. again, I thought you had a more well developed
mind than that. I remain chagrined, but not terribly shocked.

H

HappyAZaClaM

oh, it all makes sense now. you're the same jerkoff who gave me grief in my
thread about christmas. well, guess what pal. you're full of shit. in
particular you are full of shit in this thread here.

I knew there must be a reason I hated you at first sight. it wasn't first
sight. it was second sight :biggrin: little play on words for ya there, Mr. Smarty Knickers. ok, now to the ignore feature. have a swell life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00