I hate my therapist

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Crashex94, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashex94

Crashex94 Well-Known Member

I've been seeing a therapist for several months now and all he has done is tell me the same things that I already knew! On top of that he pretty much forgets everything that he talks about the previous weeks and ends up asking me again! I just wanted to get that off my chest
  2. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

I was going to read a book about a psychiatrist that was helping a cancer patient. She came to the conclusion that all she could do was listen. If he/she is not a good listener, then what good is he/she. Find another, I guess.
  3. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

find another one
  4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

If your not happy with your current therapist then it's time to move on and search for someone else :hug: hope you find someone who can help you better than this one has.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You have a few choices. You can express your concerns to your therapist and see if things change or you can find someone else.
  6. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

You should find another therapist. Good luck
  7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yeah, same story with mine. It gets frustrating to say the least! Maybe you should start searching for a new one... :hug: They aren't all as incompetent.
  8. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

For the amount of money your paying them. They should remember what happend. Does he/she take notes. Hope so.
  9. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

therapists are a waste of time, most of them are just in it for the money

there really is nothing a therapist will do or say that will make you feel better, people need to find a peace and a purpose on their own
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey,you must tell your therapist how much this has upset you. You can then either resolve it or move on and find a few one.

I've been in therapy for 6 months,best thing I ever did :) I love therapy!
  11. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I know how it feels. Frustrating. All anyone ever does when you go for help these days is spout out the same annoying platitudes. The problem with a lot of therapists is they have a 'one size fits all approach'. I'm not sure what to suggest though.....umm....yeah, try talking to your therapist first and telling him how upset you feel. If things don't change then don't give up. I'm sure there's someone else you could go to who might be better.
  12. maranature

maranature Well-Known Member

It's important for your therapist to remember what you tell them...for obvious reasons.

On the other hand, they're only human and can only internalise so much. It's hard listening to people with issues - I know I could never really do the job.

Nonetheless, if you believe you're not making progress, move on. Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.