I hate myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ouston, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouston

ouston New Member

Right this minute my flat mates have seen a video of me stealing their food. I can't face up to them as I know they hate me now. The truth is I suffer from depression and have just started taking medication after suffering a bad turn. I don't know if I could handle the disappointment of my flat mates. I stole their food to make myself sick. It was the one thing I felt I could control since I couldn't control my mood. I don't know what to do now, I've locked myself in my bedroom and I just want to harm myself (or worse).

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, ouston. I'm so glad you've reached out here! Welcome to SF!

A lot of people, if they understand there is a real problem or illness behind someone else's behavior are quite understanding. Perhaps you could talk to your flat mates about why you stole the food. I somehow doubt you will steal from them again, so perhaps you could say you're very sorry, explain that you're not doing well, and why you took the food, and let them know it won't happen again. With most people, honest communication is better than trying to hide things or hide ourselves away from people.

It might be worth a try. What is NOT worth doing is hurting yourself. It seems to me that you've been hurting enough already. Let us know how it goes. Good luck, hun!

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi ouston i am sorry you are suffering so but i agree with Acy hun just talk to your room mates ok don't hide away explain to them you have an illness but you will not take from them again ok hugs

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

It takes courage to own up to a wrong that you have committed. Doing so can earn you respect and I am sure they would want to understand as well. Just tell them what you told us and apologize. :hug:

5. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Hi,

What you did is not worst thing in the world. Just tell them your sorry and that you will replace the food when you can. Use all your energy to fix the problem and not hurt yourself ,PLEASE. We all make mistakes. I have. None of us are perfect. Just say a prayer for help and start again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.