I hate myself

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by walkingintheshadows, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just can't do this. I keep putting on weight. Every time I see a dietitian they say I'm eating really well but because I wasn't underweight in the first place I'm now overweight. So I've stopped eating again. I can't handle life. I can't handle anything anymore. It's all too much. I just keep on getting worse and worse. I'm hurting my friends and I waste peoples' time. I don't deserve to exist.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, of course you deserve to exist, you're just going through a hard time right now and you can get though it. I think everything in moderation is good but obviously its easy for me to say that, were you suffering from anorexia/bulimia? Meds made me overweight, I've lost around 3 stone, delighted with myself but you have to be healthy and eating enough for your body to function :hug:
  3. I have EDNOS - it's a rollercoaster of restricting, eating 'normally', sometimes purging....it's not fun.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

To be honest, I can't say I understand the eating disorder but I have been very underweight (5 stone due to persistent nausea) and overweight due to meds (I won't say what lol), yeah..it is a rollercoaster. Are you honest with the dietitian? Did they give you a plan and advise what to eat and so on?
  5. I'm honest with the dietitian, but because my eating is all over the place the meal plan isn't very useful. I guess I don't see it as enough of a problem to take the whole 'recovery' process seriously enough. Even my mother agrees that I need to lose weight.
  6. TheStruggle

TheStruggle Active Member

I'm sorry for your struggles... but Petal is right. You deserve to exist, and you deserve to smile again. I'm glad that you're honest with your dietician, but let me tell you something... If you don't see how beautiful you are, you have to admit you have a problem. It doesn't matter how heavy or light you are; it matters how you feel about yourself. Okay?
  7. ImFine

ImFine Member

I am so sorry you feel like that. I was a model and fitness instructor. I'm going to share with you what I learned:
    Those standards are just like the rest of science. Theory. That means that there is no set weight for anyone and no one should be telling you. What is important? That you are functioning. You deserve to live, and you deserve to be happy, and you deserve to feel beautiful in your skin just the way you are and how you may be later in life. Don't let the numbers bring you down. That's what you don't deserve.
  8. ImFine

ImFine Member

I want to share what goes through my mind when some one had something to say about my hair, my make up (lack of) and my body. I'm not getting paid to care. Time is money. I'm not putting my time into transformations so someone can oogle for free! You want me to look good? You can start paying me! LoL makes me feel better, I hope you try it with the same success.
  9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

How are you now? Feeling any better?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.