I hate myself.

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by jessikah2k8, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessikah2k8

jessikah2k8 Well-Known Member

Even though it wasn't my fault.. I feel like I can't blame anybody else.

I was a halloween party this year, when I heard about me having sex with a man. I was struggling, I can remember him but he wouldn't let me go. I was screaming for him to leave me be.. but he didn't. I presumed that was rape.

Anyway.. I forgot about it. I wanted to. However.. a month later I missed my period.. it was such a shock to the system I still did nothing of it. Later at new year, obviously a bit of weight had been put on. I struggled to hide it, until I started bleeding heavily and getting stomach cramps.. so I got a doctors appointment. He run some tests and was finally able to confirm I had a miscarriage.

I was shocked more than upset. Apparently my heavy drinking which I do when I'm depressed, and antibiotics did the damage. Since then- I've been blaming myself. I feel completely terrible and sucky. Especially seeing as my friend spread around I has an abortion which wasn't the case.

I just can't move on anymore without wondering- what did my baby look like? What was it? A little girl.. a little boy? What would I name it?

I have a new boyfriend now.. times ARE slowly moving on. We're also sexually engaged.. but we use protection.

I am just so grief stricken at the moment.. I don't know what to think.

2. Svava

Svava New Member

(((hugs))) I am new here too. I'm very sorry to hear what you've been through. I was in a rape situation, and had an abortion. There is another website, not sure if you have heard of it, called passboards.org (for ab, but also has a forum for after rape and deals with miscarriage). It has helped me a lot.

I hope that you can heal from this and realize that what happened was not your fault, that you did not deserve it, and that you should not internalize what some a** did. :grouphug:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2008
  3. jessikah2k8

jessikah2k8 Well-Known Member

Well.. of course it's hard moving on. I just can't help but wonder.. what could have been if you know what I mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.