I hate needing someone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by faithgone, Mar 30, 2014.

1. faithgone

faithgone Member

I hate feeling like I need someone else to make me feel complete. I was in a relationship for five years with a man and a few months after we broke up, we agreed to be friends with benefits. I just wanted the craving for sex to go away. I told him there was no chance of us getting back together. He's been coming over two or three times a months the past few months. I know that he is not right for me. I know I will just get hurt if I date him again. But having him over has made me wish I had someone who cared. I know he is only coming over for sex- he is not coming over to talk to me or make me feel better. I promised myself when I broke up with him the last time, I'd learn to stand on my own two feet- I wouldn't date anyone and I'd do everything for myself by myself. I was doing fine for a little while- I wouldn't even think about asking for help from someone else, I'd just plan to do everything by myself and not think twice. But now it seems like every time I have to take a long trip on the bus or I have to carry a lot of things, I wish that someone would do it for me. I don't want to be dependent on someone else- I know that's not a healthy way to have a relationship. But now it seems like every time I'm alone to think, I'm daydreaming about having a boyfriend who will do everything for me. I hate it. I need to learn to be okay by myself before I can be in another serious relationship. But now it seems like I constantly want to cry because I don't have a boyfriend that loves me.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope for YOU hun you can just walk away now ok from this person even if it will be hard i think friend with benefits is only going to harm you Walk away from this and get out and find someone new take new class new interest and meet new people ones that will respect you and care for you hugs

3. Lazarus102

Lazarus102 Member

So you just want a BF to do things for you and cover your basic needs for sex? Sorry but that's what I got out of this and if that's all you want then you just need a butler and a jigalo , not a BF. Relationships are a two way thing and you gotta be there for them as much as they are there for you.

4. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

I understand you so much! I try to be OK by myself, but I just can't. I have recently lost the guy I believe was my soul mate and now I foresee a long and lonely life for me. Or a life with just an ordinary person, not to be alone.

I wish I could give you better advices, but I am not in position for that, so the best I can do is to let you know you are not alone in this ship.