I hate people sometimes

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Things, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Ulgh...I just need to rant now. There will be a some swearing and spoilers for one of the Family Guy episodes. If you haven't watched "Quagmire's Dad"...well it's not worth watching anyway.

I'm sure most of you have heard of Family Guy. I used to love the show, but it's just become so...so awful. It actually physically pains me to watch it now. The characters are all horrible people and I just want to see them die in a fire. There's not much else I can say on it that hasn't already been said.

But that's not what's bothering me right now. The main thing, What really pisses me off, are the fans.

I've just watched "Quagmire's Dad" on Hulu. It had good intentions, at least I hope it did, it was just handled very, very poorly. It didn't really bother me until I read the comments.

I fucking hate the fan base. They just all harp on any review that doesn't kiss Seth's ass. Oh and all the trans-phobic comments. Fucking everywhere. These are goddamn FAMILY GUY fans, and I see a bunch of bigoted nut jobs. Holy shit. Then again, maybe I'm just naive. I've never interacted with fellow fans much.

They all just scream that people like me are taking the show too seriously (as if they're not), some saying that transgendered people don't have the right to be offended and are disgusting (one eloquent post says "ew" over and over again to a user who claims to be a transsexual) , and one person (probably more, I didn't read every comment) telling someone to stop being a fag. Then there was one that compared to being a transsexual to fucking a horse (the logic is astounding, isn't it?). Wonderful, simply wonderful

I've been forgetting how difficult transgendered people have it these days. It's just so nice to be reminded how hatefully stupid people can be.

I can't think of anything else to say. This just depressed the hell out me.

TL;DR: I hate Family Guy and I hate their fans. Some of them. What ever.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i am sorry this show has set you off so triggered alotof pain inside Your right thought it is an awful show disgusting to say the least

3. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

It's very wrong of people to say those things, but then again, what more can you expect? People will be people. I hate Family Guy too, though perhaps for different reasons; the show is just full of crap characters walking around farting and making un-funny jokes. It angers me how people can find it funny or enjoy watching it, because it's such a dumb TV show. Why can't people actually watch something decent that might actually educate them a bit or provide them with better material to laugh at?

On another note, I totally get what you mean by hating the fans. There are a few things I like that I feel have been ruined by the fanbase and it's a terrible shame that people have to ruin things by acting like idiots.

4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I have never enjoyed that show, and that episode sounds like something that would set me off...

5. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Sounds depressing. It's sad that people get shit thrown at them because of who they are. They can't fucking change it. And what's wrong with them? Not like they are hurting anyone :(.

Comments like the ones you quoted make me wanna just 'eradicate' the people saying them. It's the same with mental illness, if you haven't had it before it seems to be hard to understand(not everyones like that though).

I like to think that the people making the comments are just a bunch of kids that will die nice painful deaths :).

Lol I'm probly sounding like a pyscho now lololol. XD

6. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Not to sound defensive, but a joke doesn't need to be "smart" to be funny. But yeah, I understand what you mean. I don't like the fart jokes much either, and I don't exactly have high standards (I watched family, so you know :B).

"Lol I'm probly sounding like a pyscho now lololol. XD"

Haha, I've said worse things. XD

7. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

Comment sections of any web site r full of assholes/trolls/bitch ass cock suckers who think they r gods and know it all.

Give people an anonymous forum to express themselves and the stupidty that flows from that can be shockingly amazing, thats why i dont bother reading comments as it just pisses me off more than anything...

8. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I need to remember to do that. I must be masochistic or something. -__-;

At least there were a few people that weren't complete fucksticks.