I hate people

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Mordeci, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Yesterday I was walking down the street minding my own business when this druggie asked me for 25 cents, I politely told the guy sorry I don't have it. He precided to call me names including but not limited to "Fat Fuck" and other weight related issues. I went on my way and did not give it a second thought but now I find myself obssed with the situation, he defintly struck a nerve and now I am very upset over the whole situation.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2009
  2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Awww i know i know i know! you try to be strong and not let the words affect you but they do and they hurt.

I remember a friend of mine bought a subway for a homeless drunk on the street and when my friend was walking away, the guy throw the sandwich at him. He wanted money, not food.

That guy doesnt know you. Think of all the things you could have shouted back at him.

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm sorry that people can be so ignorant. But you have to look at where the words came from. A person that has given up their life to drugs. Someone that doesnt know or feel much anymore. Just the need to get high. So please Andrew put it in that context. I know it still hurts but look at how you handled it. You could of thrown things right back. But you walked away the better person because you didnt stoop to his level. Good for you!!!!

4. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Thank guys I feel a little better about the situation but this will unforently be something that stays with me for some time.

5. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

People need to realize the profound affects they can have on others, even its just a moment in time. I hate people too, but I've met some good ones on here, so listen to their words instead!

6. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I'm glad you posted this here. I've had this kind of thing happen to me where my feelings didn't not happen at the time of the event but later.

Your feelings are real and the hurt you are experiencing is real. Even though you know the words were spiteful, meant to manipulate you, they still hurt.

Write you feelings out here all you need to.

:hug:

7. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

That's why I hate people. But I've gotten to the stage that these things don't affect me anymore, I've been made fun of, laughed at and talked about enough in my life, daily for merely walking around. I know what I am, I don't need to be reminded, I've got the message.

8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

... a homeless guy threw a muffin at me before.

one of the many reasons that I am agoraphobic and refuse to leave my room. people are cruel and make me sad. the end.

9. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I was on a bus once, getting to work and as I went to exit from the front door, this homeless guy punched me on the shoulder, I started yelling at him and he was like telling me I had no right to go through there, then the driver told me to shut up...

I went to work, got in the bathroom and cried my eyes off...people can be so mean and its worse when people dont stand up for you...I mean I didnt deserve to get punched...and then told to shut the fuck up...