i hate school!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sophie5121, Feb 22, 2008.

1. sophie5121

sophie5121 Well-Known Member

im so pissed off, today in r.e we were doing a lesson on sucide, and weather its wrong or right and everyone in the class was saying its stupid and anyone who does it is horrable and selfish. i felt so stupid i was just sat there. everyone was saying they couldnt even think why somebody would even think about sucide or self harm because its a stupid thing to do. they just don't understand. there stupid small minds can't think outside there little heads and think that somebody might actually be that depressed theres no other answer but death.
    I hate having to learn about sucide at school. everyone was making a joke out of it and the teacher was pretending to slit her throat when talking about it.
    i hate school in general, but this was just awful.
    i hate school, just pretending im happy when im not.
    i might stop going to school you know.
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    sorry to bore you with my stupid post
    sophie

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm sorry sophie. Your teacher should have been more considerate and not make a joke about suicide. I'm sure that she had no idea that you are really depressed and possibly suicidal. Maybe you could talk to her about how it made you feel?

3. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

i feel you, same thing goes on in my classes. a couple years ago a kid committed suicide and we had a conversation about it, everyone thought he was stupid because of it, they were like why could someone kill them selfs? life is so good... just like you i just sat there saying to myself that they dont know their pain so they dont understand. we had a couple conversations like this over the last couple years, i usually just put in my headphones and put my head down when we have subjects like this.

4. Barbados

Barbados Well-Known Member

I've had a similar experience, my friend was planning to kill himself and he had everyone chasing after him etc... but behind his back they were all like, "he's just mental why would anyone want to kill themself at 16, what a twat". I kept silent to them, I do not blame others for not understanding as I know how easy it is to look in from the outside and make an assumption, I didnt even tell him about myself because I know now if anyone were to find out that I would be judged straight away as not being sane.

5. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

its not a stupid post sophie. i used to feel the same way when i was attending boarding school. btw did you make at least 1 friend in that school as per our talk? you can't make it without friends. pm me.

6. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

hey hun

I hate school too, trust me, almost all of my threads have been to do with how much I hate the place!
    Everyone seems to be biased when it comes to suicide. Whenever we discuss it in school there's always the ones who shout out
    "Yeah, it's stupid and whoever does it is totally selfish and a horrible person."
    To me, that sucks. They never seem to consider how the person who commited suicide must have been feeling. That's what irritates me. :dry:

:hug:

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

the teacher was pretending to slit her throat while talking about it....wow! she should get the rap for that lol!

sophie hun, ignore them, the people who say that its stupid have no idea what it feels like to want to die. they have no idea at all. so what that teacher done was just completely inappropriate and stupid.

I have dealt with many mean and nasty teachers if you want to talk, please hun feel free to PM me.

thinking of you, Lynn :hug:

8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Hi Sophie.

Next time your teacher makes like she's hanging herself, or shooting herself in the head, give her the finger, or better yet, give her the gun gesture with your hand and blast her!

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think people that don't understand are really afraid, so they joke about it to cover their fear. The way your teacher reacted was wrong. regardless of whether or not she knows of anyone suicidal or not, it should be taken seriously by her. Some day one of her students may be in the position of needing to help someone, or needing help themselves.