I hate Sundays...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by isabelle.the.insomniac, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ever since I was a little kid, I've always hated Sundays. They bring nothing but memories of stress, chaos, and guilt. I used to lay awake on Sunday nights when I was 7 or 8 and think about all the bad things I did and feel like a failure. Not to mention, the next day would bring school - a place I used to love, but now loathe.

I'm sitting here at the computer and I feel nothing but anxiety and fear. It's not the same type of anxiety I feel every other day of the week - it's something I feel only on Sundays. Tomorrow I have to go to another day of school (I'm a senior in high school), and I will feel like a misfit. I'll have to deal with ignorant, obnoxious people who are inconsiderate and unkind. I'll have to feel left out and like I have nothing in common with my peers. I'll be left to wonder what's wrong with me...

And also, I keep thinking about my ex. I don't know what we are right now. He's screwed me over so many times, but yet I still cling to him because he is my only true friend. I need him, and that neediness scares me. Right now, I'm feeling anxious because he hasn't called, and I fear that he won't. I know that it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I feel like it would be...

When he doesn't reach out to me, I feel utterly and completely alone.
    But then again, I still do, even when he does...

2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. i read your post - i have ALWAYS hated sundays! not sure why - they, to me, are the most depressing day of the week. interestingly enough, i am also, from kentucky! a very small town. but i am much older than you, likely your mom's age and i have lived away from ky since i was 27. my mom still lives there though.

ok. i know how it feels to be left out- and i just wanted to say hi. i am glad you reached out to s.f. - it has helped me enormously since i found it only a few days ago - take good care of you- and keep reaching out .

:hug:

3. darkeyes

darkeyes Well-Known Member

Sunday's have always been a problem for me it's like every Sunday everything is brighter and bleak and the harsh light of the reality of my life sinks in and it brings back an almost indescribable but somewhat uncomfortable feeling from my childhood. I think for me it might be the fear I had before going to church on Sunday that makes me hate the day so much. Plus the panic attacks I'd have just knowing I'd have to be in school with those horrible people. Who knows. It doesn't bother me so much anymore because lately I don't know or care what day it is.

4. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with Sundays. I feel nervous energy that isn't present any other day of the week. People tell me that it is from the approaching school day, but I think it's literally just the ending of the week, and the realization of how much time has gone by and lost.

5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

My problem is Wednesday evenings. I don't know why, but I bloody hate them.

6. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

wednesdays huh? well, there's one in every crowd :biggrin:

I hate every day my own self. or, PART of every day. I try to snap
    out of it 2 or 3 times a day. every day. so, it's not so bad. the best
    days are when I don't remember what day it is and don't care and still
    don't remember till some yob tells me "it's thursday" or whatever day it
    is. admittedly, that is rare. anyway, sundays do suck, and so does weds
    eve.

you've heard that Johnny Cash song, "wednesday evening, comin down" ??

actually, kristofferson wrote it.

7. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

When i was at school i used to hate sundays too....now sunday nights are normally spend going to the off licence and getting a few beers to get though the evening..its the one night i have to drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.