I hate the name of this topic

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by sammakko, Oct 29, 2009.

1. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

:thatsit:

It always remind that people should be better than they are or ever could be.

2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I think the name of this forum room is meant to inspire hope. It can get better. It did for me, if only for a small while.

3. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Normal people are so F:n positive and happy. Society accept people only if they are positive and happy. This topic nagging it every day.

4. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Society does accept sad people, as long as they don't affect others with their sadness. But the members of a society do try to push other people into becoming happier because well... who likes to be sad?

5. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Actually I find I don't come here at all. I only looked because of the title of this thread lol. I suppose it's a bit like Sammako said, sometimes I feel happy topics can be a bit puke making (no offence anyone, it's just how I feel sometimes.)

6. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Hi again Tam

:smile:

7. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Hello Sam, glad to see you back around here. How are you?

8. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Actually, I have to contest that statement Tam (hey, you and I are friends, you know I never mean disrespect).

Imagine, if something really really great happened to me like, say I fullfill one of my dreams and get hired for a progressive rock band. I'd be overjoyed and would want to share it with the community. Where would I go? Right here to this part of the forum, and I'd make a topic about what happened to me. And I'd tell people that if I can fulfill my dream, just maybe "you" can too. Would my sucess and happiness make you puke? Knowing you, I don't think so.

But actually, you see little of that over here because most people post their good fortunes either in the coffee house or news and announcements sections. But you can't blame this section because the users don't know when to use it.

In the end, when it comes to happy threads there are "omg look at this poem, it makes me feel soo happy" and there's "guess what happened to me today! I'm overjoyed". While I can agree that the first may not seem very useful for some people, I can't agree with the second. Just like people feel like screaming from the rooftops when bad stuff happens, the feeling is the same when good stuff happens.

Last post today, gonna close my eyes and drift to dreamland lol.

9. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Got to defend myself here. It's sometimes, if I'm feeling not so good, I get into that crabby state where anyone else's happiness is like another slap in the face to me. And I'm not going to apologize for that, because I'm pretty sure that 99% of people also feel that way sometimes.

And I'm not denigrating this bit of the forum at all, I think it's great, I think it's just as important to be able to talk about good things that happen, and to hear that others can be happy sometimes too. Only that I don't come here very often because right now I'm too immersed in my own misery, that reading about other people's successes only makes me feel worse.

Does that make sense?

10. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

And you don't have to get hired by a progressive rock band, for me to be happy for you. :smile:

11. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense to me Tam. And I have to agree personally.

12. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Thanks Alice. I always get a bit paranoid if I say things that don't always fit the perceived status quo. So now I feel better :hug:

13. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Yeah, I gotta hand it to ya Tam. You do have a point there. But the fact remains that this section still a much valid part of SF.

14. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

One persons puke-inducer is another persons inspiration.

It selfish to make to want everyone dance to your tune.

If it annoys you don't look at it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
  15. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

...Like I ask anything....

Nothing Tim.