I hate the silence!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by HomerSimpson, Oct 2, 2008.

1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

Does anyone else hate this time of year when it gets cold and worse of all it gets dark so early during the day, and at my house at least there is just dead silence. To me all of this makes my depression, suicidal thoughts, and loneliness worse than ever before.

BTW, I just started crying. I swear why I continue to hold on I will never know.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
  2. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Yes, I hate this time of year, not only for the darker and more silent air but just the time of year it is for me. You are not alone! :hug:
  3. ConsolationPrizeFighter

ConsolationPrizeFighter Well-Known Member

I get baddd in the spring.
  4. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

So how do you handle it?
  5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

i haven't handled it too well this time..but last year i handled it by staying busy and staying in well lit rooms..staying warm and talking to alot of people. it really helped. surrounding myself with supportive ppl was a must. You ever heard of Light therapy for the fall/winter season? It is where you keep your rooms well lit...add extra lamps etc to make your rooms brighter at night.

6. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

No, its my favorite time of year.. i love the darkness, i love the silence, it makes me feel alot better.. but im a night person.. im awake at night and sleep at day.. probably because i got nothing else to do in my life..
  7. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

I'm the same as him, excepth i barely sleep. I just lay awake in bed lights shut and listen to the silence when im not yelled at and i can cry softly and let it out or just basicaly cut. But for some reason this season feels dead to me. :sad:
  8. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

i actualy love the darkness and silence,
    it's nice.