I hate these stupid pills

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TaraJo, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaraJo

TaraJo Banned Member

This is starting to get on my nerves.

Doctors are always eager to shove anti-depressants down my throat. Yet, most of the stress in my life is situational and I wouldn't be depressed if I could just deal with these problems. Yet, does anyone help me deal with them? Nope; not happening.

They're probably all saying "Let's just fill her with so many pills she doesn't care how fucked up her life is!" Guess what? If your life is stressful enough, just about anyone out there is going to have an emotional meltdown whether you have a chemical imbalance in your brain that pills can treat or not! People say they want to help me, but they can't (or won't) do anything.

I hate anti-depressants and anti-psychotics and all these other psych meds. Then never improve my mood and the side effects are usually pretty annoying. They keep saying "This one is different" and it isn't. Same pharmicitual fail. Everyone is acting like they're some kind of magic pills that will automatically make everything better; they won't. I still have the same problems I had before.

I'm starting to think there would be a tremendous sense of ironic justice if I committed suicide by overdose on anti-depressants. I'm really starting to think that's the best thing they can do for me.

2. midnight08

midnight08 Member

Hi Tara
    I can relate to what your saying as im in a similar situation.Unfortunately there is no magic fix.The meds available are far from perfect and can do more harm then good some times.Especially if you over dose on them ..chances are they wont kill you and just damage your body and give you another problem that you will have to live with
    Only thing i can recommend is regular psychotherapy

3. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I'm pretty bitter about doctors and medications too. Its like, "Oh, you're really upset because your life has gone haywire? We'll just up your dose and add some more prescriptions!" Uh, no. I totally agree that if you're life is really stressful, they can't stop you from having a breakdown. They just numb the symptoms a bit and give me a bunch of side effects in the process. Numbing the symptoms really doesn't help me to feel BETTER, and the side effects just made me feel worse after awhile. That's why I quit medication and looked into a natural approach - to make myself as healthy as possible in order to deal with my life, rather than just avoiding the problems by numbing up. And yeah, the stupid side effects.

Therapy on the other hand seems like it could be very helpful, and I'm trying that right now too. That and things like yoga and meditation and anything that can help calm you and distract you from the trouble in your life.

But yeah, I don't know your specific situation or what applies to you.

But I'm really frustrated with doctors and their medication-obsession too!

4. TaraJo

TaraJo Banned Member

Yeah, I'm looking into therapy, too. Actually, I need to get a therapist, anyway, for other reasons. This, I guess, is just one more issue I can discuss with her, huh?

5. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Being on meds nearly finished me off. Hated what they did to me. I've found more understanding and help from people here than I ever got from a doctor. Best wishes. Stay safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.