I hate this time ...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by voices_inmy_head, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

of year...

It always comes around and reminds me of how alone I am,

I have a few friends, and yes i spend a few evenings with them...

but working in a shop, christmas started in october and I just tend to see people around me, happy, settled, in couples. I struggle like a lot of people this time of year, sometimes I just want a hug.

I used to chat a lot online and I think that kept me sane, I don't even have that anymore.

I'm tired, I'm lonely and I'm more depressed

at least around xmas people see exsessive drinking as 'normal'

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that last line. I think Christmas 2007 I drank myself into oblivion, from Christmas Eve clear through to New Years Day. And the sad thing was I was mostly drinking with strangers, but everybody was so miserable nobody seemed to notice or care. I'd go to the pub or bar with the handful of friends I had at the time, but before long everybody was making their excuses to get home to their family or partners. I would stay and drink with the laggers who - like me - didn't want to leave.
    I despise Christmas. I only look forward to the food, but everything else just reminds me of how alone I am.

3. Kruger613

Kruger613 Member

Why can't you chat online anymore?

Yeah, this time of years sucks when you are alone. Hell, all the time sucks when you're alone.

Also, :hug: I would give you a real one if I could!

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

The holidays have been a bad time for me for quite awhile..I had a nervous breakdown and lost everything I worked so hard for..I spent six years alone on the holidays just getting hammered..The rest of my family were having a good time..Even when I started attending the holidays I would find myself sitting outside alone or sitting in a corner where no one would talk to me..It is still a hard time for me but I put on my mask and join in now.. I still don't say much I just sit there and listen to everyone else..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.