I hate this.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mama_Pills, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

I hate that I'm trying so hard to get better for my 'friends', and they keep telling me I'm 'not alone', but they ignore me all the time or they just don't talk to me at all, and it hurts so much because I've lost everything I have because of my depression and I don't know if I'll ever have it back. My parents want to pull me out of school because they think that school is the problem, even though I keep telling them that it isn't, because if I knew what the problem was I wouldn't have it in the first place. I just want my life back and I want to be happy and stop crying like this all the time.

I hate that I have class from 10am-8pm today and all I feel like doing is crying.

2. gomi

gomi Active Member

I agree with your assessment regarding friends.... When we need them the most, where are they? Like one of my 'best friend' put it, "I dont know how to help you".

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think we all feel the way you do want our lives back where we were happy.
    I hope you have a doctor to talk to a therapist. Have you tried medication if so changing them up a bit It helps with decrease the sadness a bit. Keep talking okay reach out to people councillors teachers doctors but keep talking and get medication checked out. take care

4. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

So you just have this constant feeling of depression and crying for no particulary reasons? Are you in college cuz those are long hours?

5. FluffySoup

FluffySoup Account Closed

I know exactly what your on about when your saying friends aren't supportive. They beg us to tell us what wrong with us and when we do, they just say "I don't know". It's times like these that I question our friendships and it just annoys me that they think my problems going to disappear into thin air.
    Well you'll always have the support of forumers.
    *hugs*

6. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

That's EXACTLY the response I get all the time :( I hate it so much.

7. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can understand your situation with friends. Most often even the "nicest" people don't actually care about other people's problems, and just ask "How's it going" or "What's wrong" out of social politeness and/or curiosity.

8. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

Lots of folk just don't have a clue what depression is all about. How I wish they could walk a week in my shoes at times!
    I treat what few friends I have with dignity, respect & understanding and they reciprocate when I get into my "bad" times.

9. Michael Ayin

Michael Ayin Well-Known Member

That is so true.

10. ballinluig

ballinluig Well-Known Member

unfortunatly if you havent suffered from depression any one else doesnt 'understand' what its like, they can empathise but dont get the real feel for feeling like we do. They have different brainwaves than we do and different messages to their brain.

I have one true brilliant friend who will go to the end of the earth for me but she doesnt understand why i feel like i do. Im lucky in that she can see the signs when im not well, as my husband wouldnt see any signs. Last time he only knew how ill I was when A&E telephoned him to say I had tried to commit suicide-this is my husband who ive been and lived with for 23 years!!!! Men! (only joking gentlemen on this site).

Its bloody hard to go on day after day with this mask on that others want to see instead of being the true me or you. donnaxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.