I hate to make another thread right now

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I don't have any plans to die, but i'm just at a point where I am not happy with life at all. It just hurts too much to keep living this waste of a life. Sorry, but it'a hard to go into details right now.
  2. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are at this point of crisis, and feeling you are a wast of life. Your life is precious, and don't look down upon yourself, you are a valuable person.

That's okay if you can not going into detail right now, we'll be here for you wen you can talk more.

Best safe and hope you feel better.
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Sadhart, I can understand what you feel in that what's the point of living but just take one day at a time. I know it's hard but we will all see the light from the darkness we feel now. It will happen but never give hope.
  4. sadhart

yeah...iwant to believe it can happen and all, but it's just hard to see right now. thanks though.
  5. sadhart

I don't feel it's necessary to make another thread about this, but today was kind of dissapointing. Went to a staffing agency and made an idiot of myself because I definetly didn't have any decent job history to meet their clients qualifications. I went to an AA meeting and I was close to sharing, but the way other people talked, I was afraid that I would get belittled because one of the things they talked about was how you feel on the inside will make things good on the outside. They also talked about back "in the day" how the "old timers" would tell newcomers who were unhappy and having a hard time dealing with being sober harsh things because they cared more about the person being sober than their feelings. Sounds count productive and ass backwards to me. And while I know it was my choice not to open my mouth at the meeting, I just couldn't didn't want to open up to them about how much I hate my life right now. I did try to call a crisis line, but I just felt like I was rambling...kind of like now writing this.

It's bad enough I still hurt about things in my past like a painful rejection from five years ago, feeling scapegoated and disconnected from family, and just all around being unhappy with myself, but each day is just feeling more and more hopeless or pointless to keep going on. Sorry for talking this way. I'm kind of tired right now.
  6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Just a word of encouragement - I have hope things will pick up and change for the better for you! You made it to the staffing agency, you attended the AA meeting...those are GOOD things that you did for yourself! :hug:

I think many people go to groups and are very quiet for a number of sessions...they might think, "Maybe I'll share tonight" and then find they aren't ready yet. Please pat yourself on the back for going, and don't beat yourself up for not talking. Maybe you will next time. :) I agree that sometimes the initial emphasis of a group or therapy can seem strange if it doesn't address our feelings. However, if we have behaviors, thought patterns, substance abuse issues, perhaps we need to break those in order to be ready to address the underlying feelings in a way that helps us deal with them.

Sending you support and :arms:
  7. sadhart

Thank you acy. I have an appointment with my therapist. he's an okay guy and all, but I only see him once a month for like less than hour. I have no idea what to say for sure, but I know I don't want to spend the whole session saying how unhappy I am. Hopefully, it will be a productive one, though I know I have to play a big part in that happening.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, to get the best from your therapist (in my experience) you don't have to be sobbing or unhappy through the whole session. Ask the therapist how you can improve certain situations, how you can change your thoughts regarding certain things (being belittled), how to control your impulses of feeling good/bad. There's so much more I could say but I'm sorry, I'm in a bit of pain today etc..

ALWAYS remember this. No-one is better than you but also no -one is under you. I live by that rule and it's the best advice I have ever been given.

I do wish you all the best sadhart and it is great you are posting here, best of luck to you.
  9. sadhart

no, thank you for what you said and all. I am sorry that you are in pain today, and I hope that the pain will be gone by tomorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.