1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate waiting

Discussion in 'Life Changing or Long Term Physical Illness' started by Batnana, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Batnana

Batnana Public Access

I probably have a chronic illness. We are thinking Marfan or maybe EDS. It's still very unclear, but it bombards me with raw pain and I feel like I'm dying.

So first I went to my general family doctor person, then he directed me to some other doctor, and he directed me to a clinical geneticist and now I have to wait till DECEMBER. Then, I have somewhere between four or five MONTHS to get my results. Heck, it might even be longer than that! This is just... why does everything take so long. I just want to be healthy or something. Is that too much to ask?

2. dtc

dtc Getting there

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time of it @Batnana. I understand how draining all this waiting can be, but it's worth it to get the right diagnosis which hopefully will lead to the right treatment, rather than things being rushed and you getting treated for the wrong thing and it not getting better.

Hang in there