I hate when people ask me ...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mama_Pills, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

... why I want to kill myself so badly, justifying this question with the next question, "What's so bad about your life?"

The answer to the second question is, nothing, really. It isn't something I can explain. I don't know. It just bothers me a lot.

2. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Hi I know what you mean. Its usually the professionals that ask those questions - its like if I knew the answer to why I felt that bad then don't you think I would have sorted it out myself. It can be so frustrating sometimes to not be able to 1:understand why you feel so awfull and 2:have any understanding to know what you can do to help make yourself feel better or change things. Hope your feeling abit better now and are in a better place x

3. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

It's my friends usually who ask. I hate that the most.

4. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Yea!! I totally agree with you!

Like people who are depressed because tragic things have happened in their life, it seems easier to make sense of the depression. It's external. It still sucks, but it makes sense.

But when there's absolutely nothing wrong with my life, and I still feel like crap all the time and life doesn't seem worth living - then suicide seems all the more urgent. The whole idea of 'life getting better' doesn't make sense, because life is fine. What's wrong is me, it's internal, and it's unlivable.

Anyways, sorry to rant in your thread - but yes, I can relate!

maybe people are just trying to help you feel happier though? it's hard to fault people for trying to help, even if it is the opposite of helpful! lol.

5. whytryanymore

whytryanymore Well-Known Member

Exactly! I hate that stupid ass question no matter who it comes from it alwayse pisses me off:spaz:, and aparently you all as well.

Just wanted to let you know that i know what you are going thru with the whole life is"ok" thing but yet every day is a waltz with death.

6. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I hate it too. I just look at them.

7. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

i hate it too. i can deal with randoms and professionals asking but it pisses me off wen my mates ask! i just wanna scream at them!

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

And no matter your response they'll dismiss it as a trivial reason.

9. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

aaarrrggghhh yes!!! someone who understands!:cheer:

10. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

Yes I know this feeling all too well. If I could put my feelings into words maybe that would be the first step towards feeling better. But it's complicated and there are so many different feelings on so many different days.

11. Bonifide C

Bonifide C Member

I hate it when people ask you "how is your day" and I respond with good or fine. Sometime it is their job like for store clerk to ask, but majority of the time I just wish I could say "horrible", then people would just look at me all weird.

I don't remember the last time I ever felt anything beside "depress", "sad", "lonely", etc...

12. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

I know what you mean Bonifide, I don't get why some people ask those questions cause its not like you can just tell them how you really feel without them acting differently with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.