I have a crisis and there's no hope to overcome it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unemployed for 2 yrs. I recently received my Associates degee and had to terminate pursuing my Bachelors. I am behind on my house to the tune of 450.00 and the phone got turned off to the tune of 30.00 The Lights are due the car insurance is due and I have not red cent to my name.

I am going to lose everything I own and furthermore I have no place to go except the streets and I know all about that and am not going to do that. This is why I feel I have no choice to end it all as there is no hope no answer and finally no solution to this mess. I dont want to do it I want to live but how can I without the ability to even care for myself. THere are no options.

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Not sure where you live, but please speak to someone in the social services department if you live in the US for housing, food and living support...get the process going, and it can be filed as an emergency...J

roscho

Greg,

I seriously know exactly where you are. A couple of months ago, I was there too. I had nothing, and no one, and worse yet - no prospects. The day after my failed attempt, I got an interview. A few weeks after that, I was on my first day of work. Now a month later, I'm about to be back on track.

A close friend of mine was seriously injured on the job. When she hired an attorney, the company fired her. That was about 2 years ago. She's had many surgeries, and still deals with a lot of back pain. She has been sending out resumes for the past 2 years, but nobody will talk to her because she has a workman's comp active file. Then yesterday, in a single day, she got offered 2 jobs that were over twice as good as any job she's had in her life.

My point being - things change. As we all know they get worse - they also get better.

You've got your associates degree - congratulations - that is a great start. Now you just need to focus on methods to getting any kind of job. Cart wrangler at Walmart. Loading airplanes. Flipping burgers. Something - you must find something. The job doesn't need to be a good job, even a bad job will be good for you right now.

Reach out - there are resources.

I know you can make this work.

Greg,

I seriously know exactly where you are. A couple of months ago, I was there too. I had nothing, and no one, and worse yet - no prospects. The day after my failed attempt, I got an interview. A few weeks after that, I was on my first day of work. Now a month later, I'm about to be back on track.

A close friend of mine was seriously injured on the job. When she hired an attorney, the company fired her. That was about 2 years ago. She's had many surgeries, and still deals with a lot of back pain. She has been sending out resumes for the past 2 years, but nobody will talk to her because she has a workman's comp active file. Then yesterday, in a single day, she got offered 2 jobs that were over twice as good as any job she's had in her life.

My point being - things change. As we all know they get worse - they also get better.

You've got your associates degree - congratulations - that is a great start. Now you just need to focus on methods to getting any kind of job. Cart wrangler at Walmart. Loading airplanes. Flipping burgers. Something - you must find something. The job doesn't need to be a good job, even a bad job will be good for you right now.

Reach out - there are resources.

I know you can make this work.
Simple advice, kind, caring and honest, said from the heart. Fantastic.
Only two things certain in life, change and death.
The former is intention and a desire to be kinder to yourself the latter an escape but a trap for all involved.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I do take it to heart. I have applied at every retail establishment, fast food establishment, and yes I have gone on interviews. Unfortunately I have not heard a thing from anybody yet.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I do take it to heart. I have applied at every retail establishment, fast food establishment, and yes I have gone on interviews. Unfortunately I have not heard a thing from anybody yet.
I had friend help me with the house payment and I got a job with ADT security selling alarm systems, however; I need 83.00 to file for my alarm license, 50.00 bucks for car insurance and a 300.00 light bill that is due.

Where do I turn and why cant it just stop for one day so I can get myself together and handle these crisis and get on with it

:hug: I know what you're going through.. I had that happen last month. Thankfully, My mother pulled through at the last moment.

I honestly would start by going to the local welfare office and asking for a listing of utilities assistance locations or charities. If that doesn't work then try looking up online for any government assistance programs such as LEAP or whichever your home state provides.

best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00