I have a cyst right side of my brain

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by KBambi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. KBambi

KBambi Active Member

Let me try and make a long story short here.

In the last 4yrs I have had back surgery, foot surgery, Fibromyalgia, CFS, migraines, fatigue and a multitude of other symptoms. Which is why I asked to be given an MRI to check for MS. I had the MRI done a little over 3 weeks ago.

Tired of waiting & wondering, I called the neurologist and asked for results. The nurse says "you have a cyst on your brain" . I was so shocked I just went ok bye. Of course I called back an hr or so later after I composed myself. I started asking the usual questions, what type of cyst, how big, when the nurse stops me and says she can't tell me anything more and the dr hadn't reviewed the MRI yet but she would have him call me.

That was 3 days ago and still no answers. I called again yesterday and was told he still had my chart, he would call. Nope. What kind of dr does this to a patient? My mind is racing. Is no news good news? Or has he still not even looked at the report?

I live in chronic pain. Every day I live in a 6 or 7 on the pain scale. That's my norm. All my Dr's know this. Why would a dr want to add more shit to my life? Why torture me even more?

Am I missing something and I am expecting too much from this Dr or is this completely unacceptable?

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am so sorry to hear about your pain, and now this!

Firstly (from what I know from my healthcare education) a nurse is not supposed to give such a message, so I'm sorry that was done.

Usually they would usually rush your appointments if they found anything life threatening, if it's a malign (is that the word?) tumor you would already have been called in I'd say. I know you're still worried but try to take this into consideration.

I hope you get your answers soon and that they can take care of it quickly *hugs*

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

This is just a personal opinion, but I don't think the doctor's office handled your situation well. The nurse shouldn't have given you any information; the doctor should have reviewed everything and then asked to see you. Because the information was given, it's really cruel of them not to get back to you with some answers. The waiting must be torture.

4. KBambi

KBambi Active Member

Hi and thanks for the replies. Haha good, then I know I'm not crazy in thinking it was handled very poorly.

I try not to be paranoid regarding my medical issues but if you knew all the weird stuff that I have been through the last 3-4yrs with Dr's you would understand. The cyst is 8mm and he says there's no pressure. He couldn't tell me what kind of cyst it was however which bothered me. They may or may not be related but for the last 3 yrs Ive been being treated by my PCP for migraines and just within the last 6-8mos they have worsened and coincidence or not, they usually are centralized over or around my right ear. I mentioned it to him but he poo pooed me basically. I didn't have the energy to fight him and I will speak to my PCP whom I do trust.

I just have way too much on my plate to deal with one more thing.